Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a custom field to Planning layout in CJ40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the following requirement.

Need to add a Custom field to the Planning Activity Input screen in CJ40 transaction.Could anyone please guide me with the steps  to achieve this requirement.The Planning layout and the profile assigned to this screen is 1-702-IM and SAPIM2 respectively.I tried creating a custom layout by copying the standard layout but I am struck up in creating a new column for the custom field.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohini Shankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

You could refer to SAP note 1673712 for detail instruction.

Regards, Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the reply.I have already gone through the document.This has details about creating a custom layout(only with standard fields) and custom profile.But my question is if I want to add a new custom field(z field) to the planning layout,what steps need to be followed.First of all,please let me know whether this is feasible to add a z field.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohini Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

thanks for your feedback too. It is possible.

You would need to have the Z field added to COSP table. This requires a lot of effort to modify the SAP standard table COSP. You may refer to SAP Note 325546 for steps. Once you have done this, the Z field will be available in the selection (ie. characteristic) to be choosen in transaction KP65.

regards, Gordon

Answers (0)