cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PC Control as a Mitigation Control in SAP GRC 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In the process of using a PC Control as a mitigation control in AC,when we try to give a mitigation ID to the PC Control it is showing an error which is not allowing us to assign an ID.

Can anyone help us in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Ramakrishna Chaitanya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna Chaitanya,

I am getting the same error while providing a Mitigating control ID in the local PC control. The control is assigned to a regulation and not to policy. Yet this error.

Did you find any solution to this? Please guide

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Changing the validity of thr control is not permitted in your case as it looks that Control is already being used in other relationships.

It is also recommended not to extend the validity as Control is attached to different areas and it is not possible to extend them only at control level.Its better to create/copy a new Control .

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

I am not changing the validity of the control,I am trying to extend the PC control to AC so that it can be used as a mitigation control in Access Control,but when i am trying to assign a ID to the PC Control it is showing this error.(And one more thing is that I am not able to do this only when the Control is assigned to the Policy. That error is not appearing for the control which is not assigned to a policy).

Regards,

Ramakrishna Chaitanya.

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Are you also trying to change the validity of the control? Because the error showing is of validity change. please confirm.

regards,

Rajeshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

I am not changing the validity of the control,I am trying to extend the PC control to AC so that it can be used as a mitigation control in Access Control,but when i am trying to assign a ID to the PC Control it is showing this error.(And one more thing is that I am not able to do this only when the Control is assigned to the Policy. That error is not appearing for the control which is not assigned to a policy).

Regards,

Ramakrishna Chaitanya.