cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport scenario involving multiple pickup/dropoffs (leg&stages)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have client requirement to map shipment scenario into SAP system for me its new scenario into transportation please help me to achieve this requirement.

Please find the below screen shot to understand the multiple shipment scenarion.

Advise me how to map the scenario in SAP.

>Configuration setting needed for shipment type

>Legs and stages settings

>Routes configuration

>And what should be the process flow for this shipment scenario.

Please let me know if any more information required from my side..

Thnaks,

Sunny Sourav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

spbkvjgjs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sourav,

My suggesstion is:

1. Create Hub as a Transportation connection point.

2. Create a route from site 1 to destination and add hub to preliminary stage.

3. Create shipment document for stage-1 from site1 to hub for Preliminary stage then on completion of Preliminary stage set completion indicator.

4. Create new shipment document for Main / Final stage.

Regards,

S.Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blaji,

Is  it possible to achive this with  with only one shipment document, where at the time of creation of shipment document we can create preliminary legs and main legs manually ..

Correct me if i am wrong ..

Also provide me where i can Create shipment document for stage-1 from site1 to hub for Preliminary stage then on completion of Preliminary stage set completion indicator.

Thanks,

Sunny

spbkvjgjs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sourav,

In your business case, I am assuming that cartage will be different from site 1, 2 & 3 hence 3 separate shipment documents to be prepared so that exact cartage charges can be captured from each site to hub.

Each shipment document will be having shipment planning & execution with status update shipment completion push button in the Deadline tab of shipment document.

Regards,

S.Balaji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

In my business case ,from 3 different site different sales order generated and w.r.t sales order different outbound delivery has been generated and we club all different delivery into single shipment document .Than in shipment document i will create preminary legs and main legs manually using shipping point,vendor master and customer master .

Please suggest this process is okay or we should try something else??

Thnaks,

Sunny Sourav

spbkvjgjs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sourav,

Clubbing all deliveries from different sites & subsequent leg from hub into a single shipment document is possible but the visibility of cartage difference from sites if any will not be visible.

Regards,

S.Balaji.

spbkvjgjs
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Sourav,

Please post your query in SCN Logistics Execution forum where you can get more responses.

Refer the following notes:

308212 Collective note on route schedule

120481 Route schedule and scheduling

526788 Performance for route and stage maintenance (0VTC)

488593 Route determination via Transaction 0VRF from IMG

515312 Delivery item not relevant for shipment

Regards,

S.Balaji.