cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectors other than JCo??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using Websphere base version. There is no Bussiness Intergration Adapter, so that i can connect to SAP JCo. My java application has to access SAP Bapi.

<b>Is there any other solution for connecting to the SAP system, other than JCo?.</b>

Also it would be really helpfull if there is some info about connecting to SAP uisng JCo from IBM websphere.

Thanks in advance

George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

George,

For connectivity with SAP from Java, if you are looking at solutions based on the options SAP provides, then

1. SAP JCo --> You know it...but this one is recommended if you want to connect from a standalone Java application.

2. SAP JRA --> From applications inside JEE runtime environment.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6f/1bd5caa85b11d6b28500508b5d5211/content.htm

3. Since your requirement is the call a BAPI, I would suggest you to

a. Expose that BAPI as web service.

Ref https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/webservices-elearning and the Tutor file for

ABAP Web Service Creation Wizard in Web AS 6.40

ABAP Web Service Virtual Interface in Web AS 6.40

ABAP Web Service Definition in Web AS 6.40

ABAP Web Service Configuration in Web AS 6.40

b. From the WSDL for the webservice created above, create a standalone webservice proxy in NWDS.

c. Use the API library thus generated in your websphere based application to give a call to the webservice and in turn the BAPI.

HTH,

Amol

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Amol,

Wat all are steps i need to follow for configuring JRA. is it some kind of download?

If possible can u send me a sample JRA... and tell me how to configure it?

Regards

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

George,

the links provided in my earlier repsonses tell you in detail about how to configure JRA on SAP WebAS, and I have tried that and it works...Note that I never have seen any link stating JRA configuration on any other application server is NOT possible...so I think it should be possible but there are no links / detailed docs on how to go about this.

btw...did you analyse if web service way would help you in this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is my understanding, pls tell me its correct or not.

We can use the sapjra.rar in the SAP WAS in our application. (with some editing).

I havent ruled out the possibility of webservice.

Can u send me the cci.jar if u have to georgeinnet@gmail.com

Regards

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not clear abt JRA. I want to use JCA. Can you send me some sample project.

I want to know which all are the jar files used, is there any property file used, information of tat sort. My application is going to be in IBM websphere. Is ther any server side config required?

My mail id is georgeinnet@gmail.com

Regards

George

Former Member