Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSATYPE_NOT_FOUND

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed SAP Net Weaver 702e by following steps mentioned below:

> I installed VMware first

> Net Weaver on Windows 7 then

> Installed SAP GUI from extracted RAR (Latest Version)

I created connection as shown in screen cap.

Whenever I tried to logon using this connection I was getting error "wsatype_not_found" that somehow disappeared after adding it in windows default firewall. Now another error keeps appearing when I am trying to logon using above connection. Make sure I have everything perfect in "service file" that mentioned earlier as a solution in another posts.

Anyone knows solution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehit,

Is there any other unit installed with sap gui that doesn't have kind of error. if there is, please explore the units "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" and open the "services" in notepad, wordpad and etc...  then copy all the sap related tcp/ucp, it should be look like this.

• sapdp00  3200/tcp
  • sapdp01  3201/tcp
  • sapdp02  3202/tcp
  • and so on....

and then paste it in the vmware's "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" service file .

I hope this one works on you.

Best Regards,

Raymund

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed VM but installed Net Weaver and GUI on Windows 7. I installed VM just to follow as a step shown in youtube video. I tried ip address (10.10.0.10) too instead of "localhost" that is in my hosts file. I copied last few lines here exactly from "hosts" for better solution.

# For example:

#

#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server

#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

10.10.0.10      netweaver

This is my laptop name "PC" where I have installed  net weaver on. It is not connected with anywhere else. This is the only device which needs to use SAP GUI. 

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you also install SAP GUI to the VM and then just use localhost?  Keep everything in the VM and then you can concentrate on just SAP. 

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Snehit,

Replace "localhost" with the exact hostname of SAP server or put in IP address of the SAP server.

When you mention "localhost" it is searching for an SAP system with hostname "localhost" and dispatcher port 3200. Since it does not find a match it throws an error.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Replacing with the host name that is assigned via the VM may not work, depending on how he setup the VM in particular the NIC for the VM.

To get things going, first try to ping your VM IP address to ensure your system can in fact reach the VM; then try placing the IP into SAP GUI and see if you get a login.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to restart the system after installing the GUI.

Have you applied the latest patch.

Can you try with the ip that us assigned  to the system NSP.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol