cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FF Log report workflow - Additional Information - Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe someone had the same question before, but I could not find in the Community.

I have GRC AC 10.0 SP09 and have implemented MSMP Process for FF Log Report, using all standard objects.  Then I miss a functionality:  When  a Controller use the "Other Actions" ->  "Additional Information" option,  the task goes to Firefighter User Inbox but he does not receive any Notification with a link.  

Also, when FF User Returns the task to the FF Controller, there is no notification.

Does anyone know if there is a way to have the FF User notified that he has been required to clarify/document the Log Report?

Thanks In Advance,

Vaner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaner,

As per standard design.

When controller wants more details about log report, he clicks on "Additional Information" and the request goes back to Firefighter User. In this scenario event triggered will be as "FORWARD WITH RETURN"

When Firefighter user checks his work inbox, he can see the log report and he need to enter the comments in the Notes section and he will have only one button "RETURN", so just clicks on it. Now request goes back to controller. Here even triggered is "RETURN"

When Firefighter controller forwards the request to another controller, even Triggered is just FORWARD.

Since there is no standard message class for FORWARD and RETURN, we need to create message class in table GRFNVNOTIFYMSG and then assign the SE61 notification template created for FORWARD and RETURN.

Then the same entry need to be maintained in GRFNVNOTIFYMSGC and in stage settings can use FORWARD and RETURN events to trigger notifications.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhu

where can you check if the event return and forward are getting triggered correctly?

regards

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing a similar issue but with the return option. I used the below link to setup notification for Return and forward events.

EAM 10.0 How to add Notifications for Return and Forward event in workflow - Governance, Risk and Co...

I used the standard out of the box workflow as it is. It is working well for the general scenario ie controller reviewing and approving activity.

But it is failing for controller trying to review own activity. When Controller logs in to review FF id activity that he used i see the return button instead of the submit button, which is good but when i click the return button it is doing the same thing as the submit button.

How is the return button working for you guys?

Please help

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

I have customized MSMP with only the NEW_WORK_ITEM event in the GRAC_DEFAULT_PATH / GRAC_DEFAULT_STAGE.  I am using standards Template ID (GRAC_LOGRPT_WORK_ITEM) and Recipient ID (GRAC_CURRENT_APPROVERS) This is working fine. 

Do you think I should configure also the FORWARD event?  Does "Additional Information" Triggers a Forward? 

Thanks,

Vaner

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaner

I would suggest you try the forward. Please note you might need to create some notification agents too

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Vaner

What notification tasks do you have the MSMP Step?

Also, have checked the MSMP Log to see if it is attempting to send notification to an agent but can't?