cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CN52N does not show all Purchase Req/Purchase Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using CN52N the information system does not pick up all Purchase Req/Purchase Orders in the same way as ME5J and ME2J ?

Does anyone know how this is generated and can we ever bring in these to that database?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of PR/PO's are you talking about? I mean there are 2 ways in which this can be done. One is by attaching a material component in the Project structure and creating a PR-PO etc etc.and the other is by manually creating a PR/PO and account assigning it to a project object.

I would suggest you to check ME2J, ME5J and CN52N and verify for what type of PR/PO's the values are being fetched. Check if ME2J/ME5J fetches values for manually created PR/PO. Similarly check what PR/PO are being picked in CN52N.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes but the same data should be on CN52N as it is on ME2J and ME5J this is really weak in PS I feel unless I am missing something?

How can you have purchasing cloumns of data in CN52 and not available?

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

CN52N is good report having all important details of project procurement material components only including stock items.PO numbers does not exists against the Purchase Requisition along with price/currency, but all other details useful during project planning/execution.

ME2J - is about project POs (all material components + external services)

ME5J - is about project PRs (all material components + external services)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milton,

I assume you have checked the things i mentioned in my reply earlier.

Before deeming any functionality weak i would suggest you to first understand how all the three reports function i.e.what tables are being accessed and what logic is being considered to fetch the required data. You can take help from your ABAPer and find these things out.

My information from SAP help says that CN52N gets figures only for PR/PO's that are raised by way of attaching material components to the project structure. You can verify this by running a small test case i.e by creating a material document through project and creating the other directly using MM tcodes. Check all the 3 reports you mentioned and let us know what you find.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I totally understand the logic above but again I am left a little understated by the lack of integration between PS and PP/MM.

The idea of an integrated systems is that all modules should compliment each other and I feel PS is lacking in the integration where you want to use PS as 'overlay' rather than big bang.

The fact that ME2J is 'Purchasing docs through Project' rather suggests a connection with SAP PS. then you go to SAP PS in CN52N and you cannot see the same data - weak.  It means that we have had to develop CN52N to meet our need when to a business users this seems straight forward functionality.

My point is it should not matter whether we are driving through a project procurement or MM if there is a WBS element connected it should pick it up.  I am sure I am not the first to complain of the lack of real integration in the SAP PS module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milton,

Besides suggestion by our friends, did you check Commitment report - CJI5?. Check CN52N report output for any filter options if set delete those ones.

In my opinion, POs raised through PP orders also would be displayed if account assigned to WBS element.

Try ME2K - which will only fetch the account assigned related purchase orders.

Not sure what happened from your end please check once again.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Message was edited by: Sudhakar Pappu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Milton,

CN52n does not show , that is standrd SAP, but you can see PRs, PO, GR quty, issueed Qty in transaction CNMM, Project Oriented Procuremnt.

If you want to see PRs, POs, Qty GRed, then I think you will have to go for Z report

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Missed something If you want to see PRs, POs, Qty GRed in CN52n then I think you will have to go for Z report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

In CN52N, you will see the Qty received (GR) also. No need to go to Z table.

Thanks,

Sudhakar