Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer repair

former_member240058
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Without using customer service module, please could you inform in detail, process to perform repair having following points

• Create sales order to accept  cutomer material.
  • Perform repair using PP order (without material)
  • send back material to customer against sales order

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am interupting your discussion by just asking a question that if we forget about how to return back the material to customer from sale return, would you guys tell me how you will transfer material from sale return to your PP order or shop flour? How you will perform repair in CO07? Will there be any movement involved in this process (From return material to repair and again to return material)

Side Comment: For Repair process SAP has given standard documents, item categories and movement types. If you don't wana use that then you can atleast follow the logics behind standard process. In standard process when we receive repairable stock from customer it always comes under special stock indicator which is E Sale order stock. Either you transfer this material in block or restricted or unrestricted it wont be a part of your company's valuated stock. Movement type for return will be 653. Try to follow and test this process and update.

Thank$

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Would you guys tell me how you will transfer material from sale return to your PP order or shop flour? How you will perform repair in CO07? Will there be any movement involved in this process (From return material to repair and again to return material).

Query raised guy  asking  like below ,

I want to bring material on return sales order and put it in block ( if i put in unrestricted then my stock value will get increased - Right?).

Explanation given by me below ,

Yes ,it will be increased .So,which location ,you will receive goods ? after receiving goods what will you do ? where will you repair that goods to resend it to Customer ?

Now,let me know why you have stressed out " Guys " in your post ?

I am telling you ,whatever you given queries that were in my mind also and also I asked query guy .

One more thing is ,I have asked my PP guy regarding this , thereafter I asked him queries .

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra

Sometime its difficult to understand what you are saying but from your this post what I understood is that you took my post personnel. I asked just in a general way from both of you who were having discussion on this interesting requirement. Why you felt that I have stressed on guys? I asked from both of you not only you so just cheer up and don't take things personally. This is interesting requirement and I have interest in knowing that how we can transfer material from sale return to shop flour for repairing.

If my post bothered you then just ignore that and let the OP answer my question.

Thank$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You could use repair process by using repair order type RA o RAS. You have to create repair process in SD Customer Services node and assign to your item category. If you want to bill then you have to create DIP profile too. Why you want to involve PP order? If you are looking for some solution in which you receive material from customer and repair on shop flour with PP rework order then you have to receive material in your stock by creating repair order and return delivery and transfer that material from sale order stock to your own stock with movement type 411. Ask PP guy to open rework order and issue components on that order and repair material on shop flour. Then again transfer material to sale order stock by using 411 or may be 412 movement type and send back to customer by issuing PGI.

Thank$

former_member240058
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Moazzam¨¨

I dont want to valuate this material from customer or dont want to use other non-val material.

I want to keep material in block stock return which wont be valuated and send material back to customer.

I shall create without material pp order to book components and activities. PP order will be settled on sales order.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Well this is not possible. If you want to perform some repairing from PP order then you have to use some valuated material. If you want to perform repair without making this company's stock then it is possible through standard repair process. Further I would suggest you to post this query on PP forum. PP guy can comment on this better than me.

Thank$

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Quietly ,it is big and big strange to me because of your queries  are like that way .

I want to keep material in block stock return which wont be valuated and send material back to customer.

Why you need to put material in block stock return ?

Why you need send non valuated material to customer ?

What is the exact requirement of you on this ?

One thing from my side is ,we can not create Sales Order with Non-valuated material ( is nothing but Text items ) because of this materials doesnt have accounting tabs .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member240058
Participant
0 Kudos

Narendra

My requirement is quiet simple, my apologies for not explaining it properly.

We dont want to use CS

• Iam getting material from customer for repair.

Its same material which i sold it to him.

• I want to bring material in my plant from customer with same material number only.
  • Do repair, book components and activities on PP order ( Which can be without header material created in CO07) which can be settled on sales order.
  • I want to send material back to customer after repair and charge him.
former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Fine .Now, I got up on your requirement .

• I am getting material from customer for repair.

Its same material which i sold it to him.

That means ,you sent / sold Valuated material to your Customer .

• I want to bring material in my plant from customer with same material number only.

So,how you are getting that Materials from Customer ? Is it thru Returns Order If yes ,which Location Blocked or Quality or Unrestricted Location ?

• Do repair, book components and activities on PP order ( Which can be without header material created in CO07) which can be settled on sales order.

This is ok.

• I want to send material back to customer after repair and charge him.

This is also ok you can resend that material to Customer and raise Debit note to Customer .

Let me know some inputs on my queries .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member240058
Participant
0 Kudos

Narendra

Answers to your queries.

I want to bring material on return sales order and put it in block ( if i put in unrestricted then my stock value will get increased - Right?). 

Please could you inform, how to send material  back to customer after repair  from return stock( On same return   sales order ?)

Please provide me detail steps.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes ,it will be increased .So,which location ,you will receive goods ? after receiving goods what will you do ? where will you repair that goods to resend it to Customer ?

Please could you inform, how to send material  back to customer after repair  from return stock( On same return   sales order ?)

Based on Return Sales Order ,you can create Sales Order and send to him Debit note to charge the Money for that in VF01 .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member240058
Participant
0 Kudos

Narendra

I shall keep material in return stock and  do repair.

Once repair is completed then i shall send back to customer from return stock.

Is it possible to send back to customer from return stock ? How?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Is it possible to send back to customer from return stock ? How?

I dont think so,It is possible in SAP .Up to me ,we dont have that kind of movement type to send / sell the goods from Return Stock.

You need to get that return stock into Unrestricted stock then you can issue them to Customer .It is possible .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren