SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving inactive installations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Wanted to know if it is possible to archive inactive installations (EANL & EANLH).I have checked Archiving settings, there is Archiving object ISU_EANL exist in AOBJ. But there is no further customizing settings in SPRO (line info structure,Retention period).

When I am executing SARA,write report,for object ISU_EANL. System gives error message and gets exit.

Please advice on best practice followed for removing inactive installation from system.

Thanks In advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roopali,

Before executing SARA for archiving installations, there are a series of steps which needs to be configured in SAP, say where the archived data would get stored (T.code-ARCHGUIDE), assignment of the logical and physical paths (T.code-FILE), Design & configuration of content repository (T.code-OAC0)etc.

Once you are done with all these steps, only then you can go and execute SARA to archive Installations in SAP.

I would recommend you to get in touch with your BASIS person with your archiving requirements and they can do the initial configuration.

Check the following link as well.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/CAARC/CAARC_INTRO.pdf

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roopali,

Before executing SARA for archiving installations, there are a series of steps which needs to be configured in SAP, say where the archived data would get stored (T.code-ARCHGUIDE), assignment of the logical and physical paths (T.code-FILE), Design & configuration of content repository (T.code-OAC0)etc.

Once you are done with all these steps, only then you can go and execute SARA to archive Installations in SAP.

I would recommend you to get in touch with your BASIS person with your archiving requirements and they can do the initial configuration.

Check the following link as well.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/CAARC/CAARC_INTRO.pdf

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan