Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Areas for Multilevel Categorization

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues!

I have faced with one issue on my Solution Manager 7.1 SPS8 and I can't understand whether it is a bug or a feature.

I added Z application via CRMC_ERMS_CAT_APPL and put into it two parameters:

ParameterDescriptionClass/Interface
SUBJECT_PROFILESubject ProfileCL_CRM_ERMS_CATEGO_VA_1ORDER
TXN_TYPE_AND_CATALOGTYPETransaction type / Catalog CategoryCL_CRM_ERMS_CATEGO_VA_1ORDER

according with the help.

However, when I try to assign it to my Categorization Schema I can see only SUBJECT_PROFILE parameter, the other parameter is not accessible for me.

But I want to use both.

In fact, if I add all parameters including TXN_TYPE_AND_CATALOGTYPE, I see all of them except problem one:

Could anyone tell me whether it is possible to customize or it is hard-coded?

If it it possible to maintain, please provide me with the solution.

Regards,

Artem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alvaro_guzman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

I had the same error, in my case it was a missing configuration.

Go to: SPRO > CRM > CRM Cross-Application Components > Multilevel Categorization > Define Application Areas for Categorization

Then select the corresponding Application ID (in my case "Complaints) and edit the Parameters:

If the parameter TXN_TYPE_AND_CATALOGTYPE is missing then add it with the following information:

Parameter: TXN_TYPE_AND_CATALOGTYPE

Description: Transaction Type / Catalog Category

Class/Interface: CL_CRM_ERMS_CATEGO_VA_1ORDER

After that you should be able to select the Process Type:

Alvaro

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alvaro,

Wow, so much time has passed that I need to reassemble what the problem was about.

I've checked settings, but no...

Regards,

Artem

alvaro_guzman
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm sorry to hear that. It worked pretty good for me, maybe it's a different issue.

Alvaro

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Artem

Please find below standard guide for MLC

http://www.service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000086922013E

have you checked this already...can specify some more details which transaction type you have assigned the MLC and its not appearing etc

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

Thank you for your reply.

I was guided by this document, which has the same information as yours, so, yes, I've checked.

I couldn't assign any transaction type to my MLC, because it's possible when the parameter is accessible, but in my case it's not.

What's interesting, I've assigned the other possible parameters to my Application and they are accessible for selection.

Prakhar, would you be so kind to add in your dev or test system for Z application TXN_TYPE_AND_CATALOGTYPE parameter?

Regards,

Artem

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Artem

The z transaction type  needs to be assigned here in img

so if assign my zmin here

so I can assign below in sm_crm

Let me know if this helps

Regards

Prakhar

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, Prakhar

Here is my settings

So... It looks strange

I suppose I need to open a message to support.

Prakhar, could you tell me, have you selected your Z application id? It looks like a standard one (INCIDENT)

Regards,

Artem

Message was edited by: Artem Ivashkin

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In SM_CRM have you selected the default template and copied your z* template

choose the higher node

then only in the application areas you can see this option

Regards

Prakhar

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Here are my copy and results - it's still impossible to choose TXN_TYPE_AND_CATALOGTYPE parameter for my Z application area.

Prakhar, could you send me your previous screen but containing keys (you can get key for a drop down list in Personalization)?

Regards,

Artem

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is this the one you were asking

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I asked to show your first column with your Z Application ID. As I've understood you don't have Z Application ID. Am I right?

Now you've posted your Transaction Type ZMIN/D for:

INCIDENT as Application ID Column

Transaction type/Catalog as Parameter Column

Could you give more clear information for your row? Just make screenshots for each selected column for the mentioned by you row.

Here is my screenshot

Regards,

Artem

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Artem

I am not sure why you have created that because to create a MLC we need to follow that guide and just do the config i have shared already

thus i don't need to create a zapplication ID .....to assign my custom transaction type.

Are you trying to do something else ...can you elaborate what you are doing if it is something else I will try to help you in that direction.

Regards

Prakhar

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Yes, I understand that it's enough just to follow the guide, but we should be prepared for nonstandard enquiries and solutions. That's why I have been researching for another possibility, it was a kind of test to check system flexibility.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

We are facing the same issue , request you please tell me what is the solution to access the other parameters.

Thanks & Regards,

Akhilesh Bhagat.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh,

I've not seen your request, sorry. I've not found a solution... Maybe you did it?

Regards,

Artem