SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy assortment only for selective merchandise category

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using WSK3 to perform a copy assortment for a new store using the full range of article from the source store.

Now, my User do not want to copy all but only certain MC of articles from the source site.

I found WSM8 but not sure how to proceed.

Can someone guide me on the detail steps to conduct the copying?

Thanks a lot.

bye

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

When you are trying assortment copy you should ideally have the scenario as follows:

Scenario: If the new assortment will contain the same articles as one of your existing assortments.

This is only meaningful, if the multiple assignment customizing flag is not set.The source assortment may have several assortment modules assigned to it. When you copy one assortment to the other, in essence you are creating the same assignments in the target assortment. So, for example, if the source assortment has modules A, B, and C assigned to it, the target will also have modules A, B, and C assigned to it.

So When You try Assortment Copy it is ideal that everything from the source assortment gets copied to the target assortment.

So you can try the following method in case if you want to limit the merchandise categories copied to your new store. Follow the below steps:

1. Go to WSOA2 and in the Merchandise category(MC) tab feed the required MC's.
  2. Go to WSM8 T Code select your store as the Assortment  and select the Merchandise Category range, give the Listing procedure and feed the date ranges and execute the report in the background.

This should serve your purpose.

Regards,

Madhan Raj. C

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able ot get beyond WSM8.

Message WM 053 No assortment selected / no changes made

Can advice what had happened?

Thanks