cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Solution Manager wanting to adjust its own instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a situation where under my landscape components --> systems in SMSY where I have a "yellow" exclamation point in a box that says "newer version exists" for my existing solution manager. When I try to adjust, it doesn't let me select the system because they are on the same host. Therefore, I can't do the adjustment. What is the problem? Any ideas how I can do this adjustment? Thanks. This is very important. Thanks.,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Installation number that you have provided for both the systems.

This should solve your problem.

feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ragu. I've dug a little deeper and this is what is happening when I try to assign the Solution Manager instance to a logical component:

I receive an "instance

adjustment required" message for the actual solution manager instance

itself, so I had to manually set the product and set it to leading as

leading (even though there was no other solution manager instance).

This means that the solution manager system itself is set to manual

adjustment. I've gotten it to read from the SLD, but it is still acting as though it is missing a NetWeaver ABAP Server on the same host as the Solution Manager.

Here is what I do to get the above issue to reproduce:

I've done more trouble shooting and found that if I go to installed product versions in the Solution Manager System and click on Clean-up Inconsistencies, I get

the attached screenshot showing that a Product SAP NetWeaver with main instance "Application Server ABAP" is inconsistent (on the same server as the Solutiion Manager instance, the Solutioni Manager instance doesn't show up in the System landscape either). Cleaning up the inconsistency doesn't fix the problem (leaves Application Server ABAP) in place. Meaning when I try to fix the inconsistency it won't let me. Thanks for any help, I really need to figure this out. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to delete the SolMan installation in the Landscape Directory and refresh from the SLD.

Answers (0)