cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving IDOCS from SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm receiving IDOCS from ECC in MII 12.2.5 (Around 5 IDOCS containing master data). I need to provide a confirmation to SAP ECC of the IDOC's contents being successfully written in to a SQL / Historian server.

Please advice.

Best Regards

Ankit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit. But I am looking for confirmation of data being written to layer 2 MES/ SQL server tables. Not the confirmation of IDOC receipt in MII.

ECC -> IDOC - IDOC in MII -> MII writting in SQL -> Confirmation to ECC

Tha last one.

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

The scenario mentioned in the blog is little different but you can follow the same approach.

Basically they call the remote enabled SAP standard RFC called "RC1_IDOC_SET_STATUS" for changing the status.

You can find more information about this here:

RC1_IDOC_SET_STATUS - Sap Fix

What you can do is call this RFC from MII after you have written your data to a historian(basically after your SQL Write Query).

Best approach would be to have this RFC calling logic in another transaction and then calling the transaction from the main transaction.

The main transaction would be the transaction which you have configured in the processing rule.

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

If you need a validation if the SQL Query has written the data to the underlying database, then you could use the "success" parameter in the query.

The success parameter would give you success or failure of the message (0 and 1). Depending upon the output, you could send the confirmation to ECC.

So ..

From ECC you recieve an IDOC.

MII processes the IDOC.

Insert the contents to SQL using MII. SQL Query output parameter is checked.

Depending upon the output you send the confirmation.

**If you still need further confirmation. You can do a Count(*) on the underlying data base via SQL query and check them accordingly.

Regards

Tufale Ashai

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Have a look at this blog. I guess it would answer your question.

Regards,

Rohit Negi