cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation related to unit and integration test

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all SAP Guru

I have lot of queries related to testing process. Please answer.

I would like to know :

(1) who prepares test cases.

(2) Whether a functional consultant has to use these test cases for unit and integration testing or not.

(3) For doing these testing it is requires to move things to Quality server.

(4) When a functional consultant does Unit and integration testing what document of proof he has to make.

(4) Also whether functional consultant need some tool for these testing or not.

Regards

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manimaran m

U didn't specify where we document the details of integration testing

Also do organizations also performance and regression testing after unit and integretion testing and who do it? And if done where they document the test result.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please reply

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

The test results are documented in the test work bench or in the test case you created. There are organizations interested to capture only the defects and pass/fail status of the test cases.

Yes, Performance test and iteration tests will also be carried out after integration test. Usually business users will be involved in doing these tests. In some organizations to test performance of the system, they may outsource that to some offshore team too. They will capture the results or defects again in Testing tools like SolMan test workbench or HPQC.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ok I got this.

Can any one share example of unit testing for APO Demand Planning and example of Integration Testing for APO Demand Planning. Need to know urjently.

Ravi

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Here are the answers for your questions from my experience. It may vary in each engagement.

1. Unit test cases should be prepared by Functional consultant. This can be a simple excel or you can use Test work bench in SolMan. Since unit test cases are mostly transaction tests, it is better done by the consultant.

2. The unit testing can  be done by the consultant and/or by the business. The proof can simply be the status update to the test case as pass/fail or can be screen shots and detailed result description.

3. Most of the unit tests are done in DEV system, do not need to move things to QA

4. Integration test in other way is done in the quality system. The integration test cases should be outlined by the business and detailed by the Consultant. For example, forecasting the particular product group is the outline, but the step by step test case is developed by the consultant.

5. For Integration test, it is better to use some testing tools like Test Workbench in SolMan. Because capturing and tracking and solving of the defects is more important in the integration test.

6. Integration tests are mostly executed by business and consultant will support them in the testing process steps.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Manimaran M.