cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consignment process

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all

Is it possible to keep the consignment stock only for particular only for two weeks and later bring the stock back .

planning to send the product a demo to the customer but want to keep it in the customer place only for two weeks and bring back is it possible if i use consignment fill up and consignment pick up

any help will be useful

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rani Raja,

I am also agreed with those guys who have suggested customized development, as there is no standard functionality available to take consignment stock back to our plant or depot.

For such requirement, you can schedule a job on daily basis which will show or provide you with the consignment fill up delivery numbers having Actual GI Date as 15 days back dated, and you can develop such a Z program through which system will create Consignment Pick Up sales order and delivery in background using BAPI to create sales order and delivery document.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Pratik

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Creating a program is best available option for this. Ask your ABAPER to create a program based on PGI date plus 15 calender days. Ask him to add send Email function module and take help from your BASIS guy to activate emails parameters and schedule this program on every night. With this system will automatically run that program and send an email to pre defined email addresses indicating that which material has been in customer;s place more than fifteen days and thus you can pick that material back to your custody by consignment pickup.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You want material to be there with customer for 15 days

Suppose you have Consignment Issue which is done on 01.01.2013 . And its delivered on 03.01.2013 .

You must have some Z report , which checks the delivery date 03.01.2013 , add 15 days to that --> 18.01.2013 . in report , build a logic to check if its 18.01.2013 as today , if yes , create Pick up order in background or trigger workflow to user who created Pick up Order .

This report should work as batch everyday . And it will resolve your business scenario .

Points please if you like the solution .

Regards,

Pranshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rani,

It is not possible in standard SAP system what you are asking.

But you can develop a customize report which can give you an idea about consignment fill up order ageing. Through this report you can easily identify how much stock is pending at customer side more than 15 days (or any pre-defined period) and plan about consignment pick up order accordingly.

Regards,

Tarpan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Rani Raja,

This  is  can not be  done  by standard configuration  as   you might be aware that  this is four step process . However, with the help of  ABAP  you  can develop code (program) & scheduled batch  job  which will pick up &  return consignment step if  it is overdue for more than two weeks.

Regards,

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible. Test it in sandbox, it clears your doubt.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thanks

but how it is possible ?

example i kept a material  for a demo in customer place  on 1st of july  i move the stock as consignment fill up and its in his place but how can i know tat i have to bring it back after two weeks like 15th of july.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that communication might happen offline. Even in an ideal scenario of consignment process, it is the customer who informs that they dont want to continue to have our stock lying at their premises and hence we initiate the process to take it back to our premises.

In your case, hope you are aware of the agreed demo period prior start of the same.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

at present my client they give a max of one month for the product to be on demo . but wat happens is dont forget abt it and after one r two months they get the machine back from the customer place .

so they told us they want the product to be in customer place for max of three weeks so they asked as it should be there only three weeks after that they want to move the machine to the different cusotmer place for demo r bring it back to the warehouse .

i thought is it possible to give a consignment with some validity period when giving to the customer ?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can calculate that based on the actual goods movement date or delivery date for that particular consignment sales order types from T.Code:VA05N for that date consider the number of days & take back the stock from the customer.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it should be there only three weeks after that they want to move the machine

Please dont get confused of some physical activities with SAP functionality.  What you were expecting is purely human control which SAP can't help.  Of course, SAP will address your requirement by way of consignment pick-up.  Search the forum for more details on this.

is it possible to give a consignment with some validity period

No it is not possible in consignment process.  Also since these sort of activities are not going to be a regular activity, you can very well have a reminder in other ways like updation of taks in mails etc.  Going for enhancement is encouraged only if this is a regular scenario.

G. Lakshmipathi