cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoking SAP ME webservices through MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing while try to invoke the SAP ME webservice through MII.

• Our requirement is to achieve the SAP ME hold functionality through MII, in which placing the Shop orders on hold (immediate and future holds) are working fine as there are single webservice call.
  • Similarly we are able to release the immediate hold Shoporders through webservice from MII.
  • I am facing issue in the cse of removing the future hold.

o   For releasing the future hold shoporder and its SFC, we need to make two webservice calls(1- for removing the SFC's future hold and 2- remove the hold on the shop order).

• RemoveFutureHold service in SAP ME under the productionServiceServices is for removing the SFC’s which are all on future hold .
    • To remove the shop order, we need to invoke the same removeimmediatehold webservice.
  • As it involves multiple webservice calls, what I tried are

o   Have two individual Business logic transactions - for removing the future hold sfc’s and  for removing the hold on the shop orders and tried to invoke the same from MII. The first transaction whatever may be the sequence, is executing perfectly,  working fine and the second service call is not getting executed without the page refresh.

o   So the other option which we tried is in a single BLT, in the first action block, we invoked the remove future hold webservice for removing the hold on the sfc’s and in the second action block, I invoked the hold on the shop order.

• In this case also, the first transaction is working fine and the second transaction is not getting executed. In the server trace, eventhough the first action block is executing fine, I am getting this error only while calling from the html/irpt page from MII. Where as if I hardcode the parameter values in the execute query, its working fine and both the webservice calls are invoked/executed properly and both the sfc’s and the shop order holds are removed.
  • I am not sure whether this is a configuration issue or the procedure which I am following in invoking the transaction from MII webpage.

All the support on this is highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue is sloved. The issue is with the process of invoking the ME webservice action blocks in the transactions. while there are multiple actions blocks following the webservices, need to enable the destination services, only then the same transaction authentication will be used for the remaining action block.

Thanks to all for the kind support.

regards,

Senthilmanivenkatesh.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is resolved.

Acctually for the releasehold, we may not be able to enter new hold reasons. instead need to used the same reason which was used while placing it on hold.

Its working fine now.

0 Kudos

Glad to hear it has been resolved and please note that MII 14.0 and ME 6.2 (because they support co-location; deployment on the same NetWeaver instance) have the ability to call each other via native API calls.  There is now an action block inside of the MII logic engine that will allow you to browse and consume any PAPI.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

Thanks for sharing this information.

It would be great if you could share document if you have any specific to the same which will be helpful for my reference.

regards,

Senthilmanivenkatesh.B

0 Kudos

Here's the Help documentation link for the ME-INT component and it oulines the co-location of ME and MII:  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me61/helpdata/en/a8/0dd250467344319a33aeb09447f593/content.htm?frameset=...

I looked in the help for ME-INT but didn't see a reference to this action but I know it exists as we have ME-INT deployed on our internal system and I have it there as part of the ME-INT content deployment.  Here's a picture of the action and it's configuration dialog.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam- for sharing the details.

regards,

Senthilmanivenkatesh.B