cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment cost calculation for Multimode Shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

In our business we do exports and planned to implement Shippment Module.

So configuring Multimode Shipment in our system, since it invloves Preliminary leg shipment (Factory to Port) and Main leg shipment(Port to Destination area). In Routes and Stages created a Route and configured both the Pre leg and Main leg.

But while calculating Shipment cost in VI01, system considering cost for single leg and not for the both.

Pls guide me on this issue.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Giridharan Subramanian

As per details you have given, you should use Transportation Chain for scenario which you mentioned. It means there will be different shipment document for preliminary shipment  and Main leg. Other wise you will get many issue in export scenario if using SAP LE-TRA.

So In my view you need to really look how you are designing process as present details do not look correct.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will you pls share the config document if you have.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Giridharan Subramanian

I do not have complete configuration document, but in SDN you should find document related to Transport chain.

Documnet Type Setting will be similar to setting which you have. only difference is you need to set seperate document for Prelim, Main leg and Subsequent Leg shipment and in document type you need to indicate this.

You may use SAP standard shipment document document and change it acording to your requirement. Or may try SAP Building Blocks.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

As explained earlier, first I will transport material from Factory to Sea Port or Air Port (Preliminary Leg). Then the same consingment will be sent to the Customers through Sea/Air (Main Leg). Based on our scenario  Shipment Document and Shipment Cost document for both the legs are independent. I have created Shipment Doc and Shipment Cost doc for Preliminary leg correctly. But while creating shipment cost document for the Main Leg it includes Preliminary leg too for which cost has been calculated seperatly. So the Main Leg Cost doc remains Partly transferred which is my problem.

Below mentioned is the screen of the Preliminary Leg Shipment Type where I got stuck in Partial Shipment cost document for Main Leg.

Later based on my senior guidance changed the LEG INDICATOR from Preliminary Leg to Direct Leg which resolved the issue as shown in the below screen shot.

After updation of the Leg Indicator as Direct in preliminary Leg, it did not link it to the Main Leg and didn't find problem in calculating shipment cost for Main Leg alone.

Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Pls do needful by clarifying the above issue..

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please mention the details problem on what basis you have configured the Shipment cost?

If possible show the pricing value details where it is not considering the both leg.

Thanks,

Suman$

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

But while calculating Shipment cost in VI01, system considering cost for single leg and not for the both.

Pls guide me on this issue.

Have you maintained both Routes in Stage Tab .See below screen shot with red lines .Here ,we need to maintain that both preliminary and main leg with vendors .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

But I will explain what I did.

I have created Define Transportation Connection points

Then configured Routes & Stages in Routes

In VT01N, instead of two shipment leg it capturing three legs.

So pls guide me further.