cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default values in ALV Table in a tabstrip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a web dynpro component with 3 tabs. I embedded 2 ALV tables into 2 of the tabs. I need to display different data in both the tables. I am using onSelect event for displaying data when a tab is changed. But when I test the application initially, the ALV table on the default tab comes out empty. But when I select some other tab and come to this tab, the data is displayed (because of the code in onSelect event). Is the only way to display data when the application starts initially is to code in WDDOINIT method?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks,

Suma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As all already replied write your code in WDDOINT( ), but if you have more then one View and you want Updated data should come all the time when you come to that view then write the code in method which come in the method list by plugs(When you make a Inbound plug one method come in method list of that view, that will be called every time when you will come to the view, but WDDOINT() called only one time(First time) when view gets load in window.

BR

Chandra...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suma,

As you want to display data in tab-1 as soon as the application is launched,there are two ways to achieve it.

1) As Narasimha and Shravan mentioned,write the code in WDDOINT( ) method of the controller

Else.

2)Fill the node(which you have binded to the table) initially using supply function.

Either of the two points may resolve your issue.

Thanks

Katrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

The onselect method is not a part of hook method.

If you want to display the data in the table initially when you run the application, you need to use hook methods. Try binding the value to the node in the WDDOINIT method. The data will display in the table when you run the application.

former_member210804
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

WDDOINIT( ) is an Initialization method.It triggers for every view, component or window before processing them.

Since you need to display the data in 1st tab by default (Without inputs), You have to write the code in WDDOINIT . Its the best practices to do.

Best regards,

Rao.