cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alerts required, if an interface does not run

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can SAP PI generate alerts, if a particular interface does not run for some period of time.

Thank You,

Madhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The interface flow will happen only if the pi gets trigger from sender system (for example).  Alert is basically  meant for errors during processing. Assume that your sender system does not send the message via PI for 8 hours... How frequent you check and send alert.? What is your real requirement? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

you are almost there.. if sender system does not send any message for certian amount time.. i need some alerts that needs to be generated from PI end.

is it possible?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then there are two ways to handle this.  Create ccbpm and there you might have to use wait step for certain time and if time exceeds generate some sort of error to trigger alert configuration.  otherwise you can handle outside PI too which depends on the sender protocol. For example if the sender system is file then you can use simple java program to wait and watch to poll files for certain time, if not same java program call mail api to send mails to the respective recipients.  So java does polling as well mail sender function. This requires some considerable effort.  I have not faced similar situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have already done similar way for file based interface, where in Adapter Module generates Email if there are no files for certain amount of time.

as of now, i am looking for generic way to handle any adapter.. just wondering is there any standard way that SAP offers to handle this kind of situation.

Thank You,

Madhav

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK,  there is no standard way. You have to write some custom adapter module or external scripts to handle this.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is possible through a BPM design based on Timeout. PI itself cannot generate alerts if an interface does not run.

Ambrish