cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM 7.2 AD Initial Load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to do a Initial Load of Active Directory, and pass three there are generated this error.

- Create System Privilege.

someone has gone through this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

dyaryura
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

I've faced the same annoying issue and after deleting the job a couple of times and creating again, it finally works.... it seems that it was just "by chance".

Do you know if there's some official response from SAP? is it a bug? I'm on SP 7 PL3.

Thank you!!!

Diego.

0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo,

I have had the same issue after applying 7.2 SP8. 

What I found was the passes were not recognising the repository which had been assigned, so I removed the repository listed in job "HCM BusinessSuite AS ABAP" and then set each of the write passes to none, re-ran the job and it failed as expected, then re-added to main repository back in and confirmed the passes where now showing the correct repository and re-ran, all worked fine.

The main point is that the write passes are updated and applied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sometimes the system loses the plot on MX_ENTRYTYPE.

I assume in the destination tab you have set the Entrytype to MX_PRIVILEGE.  This may not work.

Try setting MX_ENTRYTYPE  MX_PRIVILEGE in the last of attributes and running it again.

Also, confirm that you haven't set the repository owner on attribute MX_ENTRYTYPE.  That would be bad.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I dont understand, setting MX_ENTRYTYPE and MX_PRIVILEGE in last of attributes?

Be so?

tks

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are you trying to pull into IdM from AD?

If you are looking to get IDs, you should change your Entry type in the drop down to MX_Person not Privilege.

Also on the previous pass for AD did you specify a %MX_Privilege% & %MX_EntryType% ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Tried as well but the error remains

Error:

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is under your source tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could be me, but I assume you need to specify some source items...

For my source I have %$ddm.identitycenter% (you can right click and select the system paramters) and then I have choosen to do a sql statement of 'Select * From [mxmc_db].[mxmc_admin_u].[TableNameYouSetup4ActiveDirectoryRun]

Now with my info above it is dependant upon a pass 'From LDAP directory' to run first so the custom table is created for the pass 'To Identity store' to populate the web view with AD information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Solved.

I Deleted the Entry type MX_PRIVILEGE and create again.

After i deleted the Job Load the AD, and added again using the Wizard run, and the pass of Creating System privilege functioned normally

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent to hear, award points as you see fit, so future viewers can benefit.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Billy, if the pass is from a task rather than a job, then Source should be empty as the information would be coming directly from the IDM UI.  When specifying a Job then the source must be populated.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats good to know, since I never got my UI up and working to the full extent I'm used to always seeing the source tab populated with some kind of information!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The source does NOT need to be set if creating a static privilege like PRIV:%$rep.$NAME%:ONLY or ...:SYSTEM.  It only needs to be set if you're after variable data.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
keith_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gustavo,

Please check this pass' tab "Repository", that if the relevant repository name has been defined there? Normally, when you create the job via job wizard and choose the repository in one of its step, this should already been defined for all the passes.

BR, Keith