cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Travel Expense - cProjects" without accounting integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Working with cProjects 4.0 (as a stand alone system), can I have time and effort captured against task of cProjects' project? I am looking for a scenario where a consultant assigned to a task in cProjects would capture time and also travel expense corresponding to that task (transport / boarding / lodging) expenses in CATS. Can this be done? Where can I retrieve this data from (table name)?

Accounting integration is not to be done. I am only looking for the manual entry of data from the consultant (resource) to be stored in some table in the system from which I can retrieve the data.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swayam,

Would you please let me know, is there any link between cProject 4.0 and CATS in your scenario?

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

I am yet to discover the link. All I am right now looking for is:

Can I capture effort against a task assigned to me in cProjects, in CATS? This, without accounting integration in place. I understand that 'Travel Expense' cannot be done. But, can time capture be done (at least)??

Thanks very much.

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swayam,

Yes, the time capture can be done without the CO-Integration. If there is no co-integraion, the travel expense to cProjects is not possible, or make no sense.

If you are interested, there are two ways by CATS Integration, with and without co-integration.

Case A: without co integration.

1. Worklist (or timesheet?) in ERP will be generated according the cProject structure and custmoizing settings, which control, at which object can the confirmation done. Such worklist does not have a co object.

2. The user capture the time\efforts using CATS in ERP system.

3. the confirmed time\efforts are transfered back to the cProject system, and write in the involved cProject element.

Case B: with co-integration.

1. Worklist (or timesheet?) in ERP will be generated according

- the cProject structure and

- customizing settings, which control, at which object can the confirmation done

- the assigned co-object of cProject elements.

The worklist has a co object.

2. The user capture the time\efforts using CATS in ERP system.

3. the confirmed time\efforts are transfered back to the cProject system, and write in the involved cProject element.

4. The (actual) costs are booked at ERP system due to the co-object in worklist.

5. Additionally, the cProject evaluation can read the actual costs from ERP system and display it.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swayam,

After talked with serveral experts, I have to corrected my answer regarding cProject 4.0. In cProject 4.0 it is pre-condition, that there MUST be a cotrolling objects (internal order or wbs) existing to get the time sheet list.

Sorry about the incorrect information above.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Zhenbo for all the effort on your part. I had infact gone through a document which talked of 'Accounting Integration' as a pre-requisite for time capture in CATS (from cProjects 4.0).

Thanks once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swayam,

We have the following scenario which is similar to yours. The scenario is as follows -

We have to record the time for the task performed and also the cost for that task. Also we need to capture the Travel expenses. We will be using the Multilevel Controlling feature.

can you please guide me as how to proceed in this case?

Regards,

Amit Sawant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

This Thread is very old.

But ı need same information about travel expense.

can you explain me that how did you do it ?

Best Regards,

Sinan Dilaver, PMP

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swayam,

It is unfortuenately not possible, at least in standard.

The cProject objects (project header or task etc.) are not controlling objects, so that they can not store any costs.

You can certainly maintain some customer fields in the cProject objects to store such information. On one hand, you need to add such additional fields, there is customizing to enable it. On other hand, you have to apply you own logic to fill such fields.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo