cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP* Not a Dialog User

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I can't login to a recently installed system because I forgot the master password I used.  I deleted SAP* from the database, restarted the system but it will not let logon with SAP* because it is not a dialog user.  There is no entry in table USR02 for SAP* so I am not sure why it is telling me that it is not a dialog user.  This method has always worked in the past.  Advice would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you clearing SAP* for all clients or one client in particular in USR02?

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

First I tried delete in only client 000, then I deleted in all the other clients 001 & 066.  And login/no_automatic_user_sapstart  is set correctly. 

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

And login/no_automatic_user_sapstart is set correctly

Can you check whether you have set the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0

It should be star and not start. Additionally make sure that whether this parameter is present only once.

Regards

RB

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes the param is sapstar not sapstart and it is set to 0 and the parameter is only present once.

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

A few more things to try. Can you login on your system as <sid>adm and execute the command:

sappfpar login/no_automatic_user_sapstart

This will show you if the parameter has been successful imported to the os file structure level.

The other thing I would try would be to run the transaction code: RSPFPAR and see what this parameter is for all instances and the default profile.

Were you also able to import your profile and do a consistency check to make sure there were no other errors?

Cheers,

Thusjanthan

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Assuming that you have an Oracle database, so please execute this query and provide the output.

SELECT UFLAG, USTYP, BNAME, MANDT from SAPSR3.USR02 where BNAME='SAP*';

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

You change user type as dialog in Database level using below command.

(C)Change the UST field to A i.e Dialogue User 

update sapsr3.usr02 set USTYP='A' where bname='SAP*' and mandt='client no';

commit;

Thanks & Regards,

V Srinivasan

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I figured it out, my database was pointing to the wrong server in DEFAULT.PFL.  Thanks for your assistance.

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I figured it out, my database was pointing to the wrong server in DEFAULT.PFL.  Thanks for your assistance.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

The SAP*  User is a one of the program, When we delete and restert the SAP system it automatically created with password "PASS" or if not login try small letter "pass".

1.     You can delete the SAP* user from Database level from which client you want to login.

2.     You can add this parameter in Instance Profile in OS level:- login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

3. Re-start the SAP server and Try to login SAP*

Once sucessfully logged with SAP*, if you need to change SAP* user password:-

set login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 1 and ... this time logon with a user different that SAP* and change the password.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/52/671792439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/content.htm

Thanks & Regards,

V Srinivasan

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Id has been deleted and the parameter is set correctly.  The error message when trying to logon is  "Log on with a dialog user"

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Is the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar set to 0 ?

Regards

RB

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

Please check whether SAP profile parameter rdisp/login_no_sapstar = 0 is set in the instance profile.

If not, set the same and take sap application restart.

Post this login with SAP* will work.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori