cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message no. V1583 Purchase order PO283750 does not exist in the system.(see long text)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts!

I am an End User.  I have received the following message as a result of trying to create a sales order in (transaction code VA02). Screen shot attached.  It is for an intercompany sales transaction.  It is my understanding that the reason for this error message is searching for a related purchase order in the system on the purchasing company's side of SAP.  This purchase order was created in a legacy system and not migrated to SAP prior to the cut off period.  I believe our company has turned on EDI processing of orders between the two units.

My question is this.  Is there any way to force SAP to accept the old Purchase order number?  Is this is possible, would someone please provide the proper steps to correct this situation.

Please remember I am only and end user with limited knowledge of this system and its terminology.   Any assistance you would offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Fernando

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Please check weather any technical coding had been done or not for the same ?

or

Try this T-Code : ME80FN to get correct PO.

Regards

Kundan

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Try to go Transaction Code : VOV8 and activate the PO Option and save it. If not resolved then try to go Transaction Code : VOV7 and activate the PO Option over .

Regards,

Kundan

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have received the following message as a result of trying to create a sales order in (transaction code VA02). Screen shot attached.

Creation of Sales Order is in VA01 transaction only not in VA02 .VA02 is useful for changing the data in already existed Sales Order .

First of all ,does PO number is existed in your system or not check by F4 .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Narendra,

Thank you for the reply. This purchase order does not exist in the our system.  It was created on a separate legacy system and unfortunately was not migrated over by the other business unit to SAP.  I hope this additional information helps. The other business unit recently went live on SAP and everyone is still trying to learn the new procedures.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

My question is this.  Is there any way to force SAP to accept the old Purchase order number?  Is this is possible, would someone please provide the proper steps to correct this situation.

Go to VOV8 and select your Sales Document Type and put " No check " in the Field " Check Purchase Order No " then raise more sales orders with same PO number and observe it .

Thanks,

Naren