cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Apply Android Market Aplication Policy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm having some troubles trying to create and apply aplication/enterprise policies for Android.

I'm using Afaria 7 SP3 with all Android components working (Enrollment server, GCM, Package server)

Here the problems:

• Android Market Policy

When i create this kind of policy i have to add the app ID to be recognized by Afaria itself and the create policy,

but when i add the ID and click update button have following image:

Even tough the policy it's created but when it's applied no change it's made in Afaria client

Message "Unable to connect - Aplication List not Available" appears.

• Android Enterprise Policy

I really don't have much trouble with this. I add my APK and it's recognized by Afaria without problems,

then i create the policy but when it's applied same message appears on Afaria Client

"Unable to connect - Aplication List not Available"

I've been searching about this and found could be something with my Package Service but Afaria Administrator says

everything is OK, i have a green point and says passed.

One last question, Afaria has the option to make an Admin Lock to a Device, when i do this in my device it becames

lock with a password that i don't know! Is this correct? Should I know that password? Where should i look for it?

Or this is correct and it's working as it should, the only way to revert this is wiping the password and deleting from the device.

I would appreciate all your help, please let me know any info you need to solve this.

Kind Regards!

Juan Carlos Gonzalez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have found the same problem. The effect cannot show information from Play Stone on android device.  Please help us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Surachai,

Just for update, I fixed some package server configurations and now it's possible to me to

apply market/enterprise plicies BUT still have same problem when adding an android market policy.

Afaria does not recognize or retrieve the information when app ID is entered.

Despite this error if you create the policy Afaria client app list shows the right app and

can connect to market to download it.

Just to consider that the app details (app icon, info) are not showed in Afaria Client (guess for

the server error) but still works.

Hope someone can help us with this. Regards

j_raymakers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I solved the issue.

Afaria 7.0 SP3 HF30 is released on 15th of October last.

I ran all setups within this Hotfix, hereafter the issue was solved.

http://frontline.sybase.com/support/downloads/Afaria/7_0_SP3/7SP3AfariaFx30/7SP3AfariaFx30.htm

In order to download this hotfix you will need access to frontline.sybase.com as this hotfix is not yet released via service.sap.com/swdc

Kind regards,

Jacco Raymakers 

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently the new hot fix 30 has been released for portal package link issue install the new hotfix30 available on frontline.sybase.com.

Note : install all the previous hotfix before installing the latest hotfix 30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the connection if internet is using proxy connection please configured the Proxy.exe available in bin file of afaria folder.