cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take deposits against a material code: no shipping / only invoicing

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a Sales Order where I have a FG F001 for delivery. However, I need to put another material code R001 in the sales order (which is part of F001) as another line item. The purpose for this line is to accept a security deposit for R001. In case customer returns F001 after using F001 (imagine F001 as coke bottes and R001 as the crate sold with the bottles), he gets the deposit back. Plz understand that there will no accounting for R001 during shipping / delivery. Only invoicing for deposits will happen for R001 during customer invoicing.

Can this be done in SAP?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Deb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You situation should be handled as returnable packages. Basically you should be using a delivery to send your "deposited" material to the customer, since you are actually shipping it to him.

Since you are taking a deposit, the material should be sent to customer consignment (you are not selling him the goods unless he doesn't return) and you should "bill" him the deposit with a special ledger indicator (and specific G/L).  I prefer the deposit payment to be left open in FI but it's your choice.

If the customer doesn't return the goods, you bill him from consignment stock with the same special ledger indicator as the original document so it clears the deposit in FI (that's why I prefer to keep the deposit payment open).

PS: I used consignment stock although it's actually returnable stock, but consigment is more general and can be used for other things besides packaging.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debayan,

This requirement can be fulfilled through configuration of returnable packaging business process i suppose.Just go through http://scn.sap.com/thread/678102 for configuration steps

Thanks,

samba

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think,you need to create a Non valuated Material as F001 and process the Sales Order with R001 and F001 .I think ,it can be possible in SAP .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren