Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Excisable Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If I have a Plant that is not excisable and I have conditions like CST, BED etc all inventorized. Am I correct in saying that these all needs to be configured in the MM pricing Procedure not through TAXINN procedure? Did I missed something?

Regards,

Lakhya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakhya,

As per my knowledge even for non exciseable plant it has to be configured through TAXINN.

If the plant is excisable and taking credit of excise duty, use the below condition type

JMOP

JEC1

JSEP

with transaction key applicable for separate G/L account.

If not taking credit and excise duty is inventorized, then use

JMIP

JEC2

JEC3 with account key NVV, which will inventorize the duty.  Please use Tax code and maintain condition record based on condition type accordingly.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakhya,

As per my knowledge even for non exciseable plant it has to be configured through TAXINN.

If the plant is excisable and taking credit of excise duty, use the below condition type

JMOP

JEC1

JSEP

with transaction key applicable for separate G/L account.

If not taking credit and excise duty is inventorized, then use

JMIP

JEC2

JEC3 with account key NVV, which will inventorize the duty.  Please use Tax code and maintain condition record based on condition type accordingly.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

0 Kudos

Thanks Himavanth.

To use JMIP, JEC2 etc... we need to flow through tax Code in PO by maintaining condition in FV11. And, we also need to maintain Company Code Settings, Plant settings, Excise Group, Series Group, etc in Logistic General. If Plant is not registered/non excisable do we still need to maintain these?

0 Kudos

Hi Lakhya,

If your plant is not registered means you are not supposed to do the business transactions where there are legal implications. If your plant is registered as non exciseable means, you can maintain the same in T.Code: J1ID excise indicator for plant as "NIL DUTY" & in this case you have to maintain all the excise related settings in logistics general.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

0 Kudos

Hi,

No, if plant is non-excisable then logistic general excise configuration settings are not required. Just use non credit tax code in PO (JMIP, JEC2..etc) and so duties will get inventoried in GR, that's it. From excise configuration side, no additional settings are required for non-excisable plant.

0 Kudos

Thanks again. To conclude Plant Excisable/Non Excisable - Logistic general settings needs to be done and tax will flow from Tax procedure not through Pricing Procedure in PO.

0 Kudos

Now I am confused What about CST and VAT - these also needs on PO Pricing procedure?

I am in impression of this only, but the earlier replies I am confused......

0 Kudos

Hi...

Excise configuration not required in case of non-excisable plant, however you use CST and VAT in PO Pricing procedure as a separate condition types.

0 Kudos

If your plant is not excisable then you do not need to maintain the excise settings. You can use JIPC and JVRN for CST and VAT respectively along with JMIP, JEC2, JSEI.

You can also insert the BED, ECS and SECess, VAT & CST as pricing conditions and having inserted in your Pricing procedure.

0 Kudos

Thanks Ashok. Closed. Himavanth I hope you agree to it.

0 Kudos

Hi,

To close a discussion, kindly mark a answer as 'Correct' which solved your issue or you can choose 'Assume Answered'. This helps others to find correct solution for the similar issue.

0 Kudos

Yes, I will. Was just looking for more

0 Kudos

@Ashok  could you please tell me how VAT recv condition needs to be made like Cond Category, Class etc..

0 Kudos

You have marked the thread answered and again putting queries in the same thread. You can put them as a delivery cost conditions (Condition category will be blank) for those conditions. Give a try first in dev or sandbox and let us know your findings / results.

0 Kudos

Hi Lakya,

yes I agree with shailesh and ashok.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.