cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Influencing the behaviour of CTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

If I use CTP, I must set Standard Planning Procedure 3 (Cover Dep. Reqs Immediately) in //MAT1.

This causes that for any dependent Requirements PP/DS-Planned Orders are created immediately (As long as no other covering is possible) and whenever something changes the planning situation. (e.g. Confimation Sales Order).

We want CTP not to create replenishments immediately but only when a certain prerequisite is fullfilled.

This prerequisit would be: Does the Sales Order suit an existing Preplanning Requirement. If yes do not do anything.

An example:

We have got a Sales Order for a product and a customer, which suits a certain Preplanning Requirement. The sales Order is checked against product allocations. (check against product allocations was created out of Preplanning Requirements).

So there is not yet a real replenishment but CTP should also not get triggered. We do not worry about the shortage which is caused by that.

Is there a possibility that Standard Planning Procedure 3 stays in //MM01 but does not become operative if there is a suitable Preplanning Requirement for the sales order?

Thank you very much for any ideas and kindest regards,

Eva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eva,

It's not clear what all of your actual business requirements are.  So, I will just make some technical comments.  You can change the activities performed by a planning procedure.  SCM IMG > APO > Supply Chain Planning > PPDS > Maintain Planning Procedure.  Create a new Planning Procedure that meets your business requirements, and then use the custom PP in your product masters instead of PP 3.

Standard PP 3 during "Create or change a sales order" runs the product heuristic.  Standard PP 3 during "Change sales order confirmation" also sets the planning file entry.  You can experiment with changing or removing some of these activities in your new PP.  If you elect to continue automatically executing the product heuristic, you can also create a custom heuristic that will perform exactly the Planning activities you wish for it to perform.

We want CTP not to create replenishments immediately

This is a different requirement.  If this is what you want, then you don't want CTP; this is the definition of CTP.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

thank your very much for this idea. That sounds like a good way tor realize what we need.  I will try to create a new Planning Procedure as you suggested.

Kindest regards,

Eva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Assuming pre - planning requirements is some logic which system needs to check before creating replenishment orders, if possible please explain the logic.

Also please answer below to have a more clarity on your requirement.

- Do you have capacity as a constraint -

- In your scenario do you have some existing stock or other receipts, which system needs to check first then triggering CTP -

- What all ATP checks you are using in your scenario -

Rgds

Sourabh