cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define tab order in SAP Screen Personas?

former_member670966
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we currently starting our first steps with screen personas and have set up a cockpit.

When using "Tab" on keyboard cursor should follow a specific sequence on the screen. I tried to define this via control key "TabIndex" in field properties, but were not able to achieve the desired tab order. Do you have any idea?

Best regards

Knud

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TobiasQueck
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Knud,

You need to open the advanced properties editor and change the property tabindex. I have just tested it in transaction GUIT screen 100 by changing the index of a few input fields and after saving, I could tab through it in my specified order.

Cheers,
Tobias.

former_member670966
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias,

now  it works. I had to take care that beside the field also the corresponding group box had the correct tab index.

Regards

Knud

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the best practice in TabIndex to set the wanted sequence of 'tabbing' through the screen?

I am trying to set the right tab-order in a copy of the IW21 transaction.

Trying to find the logic in TabIndex in a clean copy of basic view IW21, learns that there are quite some fields with the same TabIndex (a lot are 0), but the TAB sequence seems to work fine. The logic is unclear to me.

I now have a heavy changed tab-merged flavor in which the tab-index is chaotic. I start with giving the first one TabIndex 0, next 1, etc.

But it does not seem to take my TabIndex changes in to account at all.

It might to have something to do with all my hidden fields (that have their own TabIndex as well of course)?

Any guidance in the right direction is highly appreciated.

regards,

Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm experiencing the same problem (transaction IW56, merged a bunch of tabs into one screen).  The tabindex is set on each field, but jumps all over the place in the runtime.  Any feedback is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to close the loop for me, I've found that by using the "Group Box" controls and placing my fields in these boxes, I can control the way the tabs work within those group boxes via the tabindex.

former_member189862
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a similar Tabindex in Personas 3.0?

TobiasQueck
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

In SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP01, we do not have a clean way to add changes to the tab sequence that could be applied by all GUIsm yet. We are working on this for SP02 and have a working POC, however, as usual, this is not a promise of a feature or a release commitment.

If you are close to a go-live and this is a blocking problem, please reach out to us, and we might be able to help with a preliminary workaround until the feature is ready. 

Cheers!

--

Tobias Queck

SAP Screen Personas

Lead Architect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

We also have similar requirement from customer. I have raised a SAP ticket to know the workaround to set the tab order position. I also tried to put below logic but no luck.

document.getElementbyid("input field").tabindex = 'tabposition'.

Could you please help.

Regards,

Deepti

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where/how do I open the Advanced Properties Editor?

It looks like our system dont have the menu option Advanced -  Advanced Properties Editor. How then to install it?

Message was edited by: Kim Brandt

former_member189862
Participant
Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes We are on Screen Personas 3.0.

But I dont find the Menu: Advance with the Advanced Properties Editor???
Please help.

Thanks and regards

Kim

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This feature is only available in Personas 3.0 SP2. Looks like you are still on SP1, so you'll have to upgrade your Personas installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas

Thanks for your reply. I will ask my Basis to upgrade our Screen Personas installatiion.

By the way, where do I see the current  Service Path of our Screen Personas Installation here at Swisscom?

Best regards

Kim

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

One way is by going to the /PERSONAS/ADMIN transaction and running the health check. It will tell you the Personas support package level.

You can also see it by clicking on System -> Status, then display the component list (magnifying glass) in the SAP System Data box. Personas is towards the end of the list and the SP level is listed there too.

lee_bennett2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Are there some limitations on the Screen Personas 3.0 tabToElement technique?

I updated the tabToElement settings as described in
How to change the tab-key sequence after re-ordering fields - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki

After leaving and reentering the screen, tab order behavior was same as before my changes were made.  For this screen, seems that these settings are being ignored.
Colleges have made similar changes successfully for some other screens in the same system, but they were also at a loss why this isn't working for the above screen.

Can you advise on things to check/look out for when updating tab order?