cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

While working as a SAP PM consultant came to know some below topics/Module.

1.Enterprize Asset management

2.Fixed Asset Management

3.Asset Pool Management

4.Planning Life cycle Management

5.Plant Maintenance.

6.Asset etccccccc..

Could any body help me to classify the modules and what is the path of these modules in SAP.

I am able to find the path only Plant maintennace path in SAP logistic.

Please help me so that i can learn the module and make my carrier in SAP.

Thanks,

Baiju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SN 4 is 'Product Life Cycle Management'

SN 1 and 4 put together you can call as 'Plant Maintenance'

Sn 3 is  'Pooled Asset Management' is perhaps an addition in EHP6 like Fleet management, both  Plant Maintenance related only.

SN 2 may be something to do with PM-FI integration, like 'Asset synchronization'.

You will not find exclusive paths in Logistics for each of these. These are integration features and will be scattered across modules.

Jogeswara Rao K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara,

Thanks lot for your reply.

Could you provide me the topics/syllabus involved in EAM and Product Life cycle management separately.It would be helpful to understand.

Thanks,

Baiju

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through these links

Fixed Assets

EAM

PLM (DMS is a part of PLM)

Pool Asset Management  (This link shows all your query topics under the Logistics)

We'll not find information drawing lines between these topics, some are sub-topics of others, some are related topics of others and all are falling into the big area of Plant Maintenance, and used as per business requirements.

Though you do not have much info on these topics right now, you'd reach to your topic and understand, when your business solutions need it. For academic purposes, you can Google and go through more related information to enlighten your concepts.

Jogeswara Rao K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried to search these topics in google??

Enterprise Asset Management & Plant Maintenance are same. Pool Asset Management is sub concept of Plant Maintenance.

If you get the SAP help link on these, you can understand the usage & concepts of these.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks lot,I am now sure of some extent to clasiffy..Thanks all for your input and time..