cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i access the EJB from a Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

How can i access the ejb , from a webdynpro?.

Is there any way to do that?.

I want to write the entire code (business functions) within the EJB and i wan to access the entire methods from a WebDynpro Application.This is the situation.

Please help me to , resolve this problem.(Here im using JDBC Connection .. etc.).

I want to do the basic connection setting's and data retrieval part within the EJB and use that within the WebDynpro..

how can i seperate this two(i mean, i want to seperate the JDBC connections and WebDynpro,i dont want to hard code any connection parameters within the webdynpro code)

So that i want use that saet of particular function's in many webdynpro applications..

(i dont need any help regarding webservice way.)

If anyone can , please help me..

I tried that javabean class , manifest file , that way (importing javabean model).

but im getting errors.

I cant properly utilize that..

So please help me with steps regarding that,,

for javabean

and if any , for EJB also..

with regards

Kishor.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Since webdynpros follows Model View Controller Architecture You can access EJBs in webdynpro(views/frontend) infact to connec to database uding JDBC you have to utilise EJB ( opening connection to database closing, and other Business functionality).See this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/unkown/web dynpro tutorial and sample applications.faq#q-7

<b>How to access the Car Rental Web Service?</b>

Regards,

RK

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

Probably going through could help you a lot!

Best regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its pretty simple to access the EJB hrough web dynpro. You can create the EJB in the J2EE perspective and access them in the webdynpro code as you do in the case of simple Java Program.

HElp can be found in the nds help.

Please direct question related to webdynpro in the webdynpro forum

Regards

Noufal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

wit addition to Noufal's suggestion, you have to add the ejb.jar file of your EJB project to the classpath of your WD project and in the WebDynpro sharing reference property you have to add the reference to the EJB application project. After this you can successfully access EJBs from your WD code. You can also expose your EJB business methods as local web services and access them via Web Service model in Web Dynpro.

Hope it helps!!!

Shubhadip