cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Navigation Plugs. One Outbound multiple inbound

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My first question is: Since you can create as many plugs as it is necessary for navigation, what is the purpose of having more than one or several navigation links for each plug ?

Some said this is not possible so kindly look at the below image.

The second one is: If there is a reason for the question above, then how to differentiate between Link V1 and V2 when firing the outbound plug method ?

Hoping for a good Help.

BR

Chandra..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got the solution for this..

1. When you want to call more then one view at the same window using one view (outbound plug) in that case we use this kind of thing.

2. you can't show two view at time on a window. If you want to do this thing then in this case use two view container and bind one view with one view container and other view with other View container. and then fire the Plug, so it will show both view at a single time on the same window.

if we don't use 2 view container. In that case first view is getting overlapped with 2nd view and final output which is shown to us is 2nd view. 

Now its closed..

former_member258584
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi chandra,

Will you please elaborate where we should have to define the view container and how we can bind them to corresponding view.

Regards,

Deepak kansal.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Harsh_Bansal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Let's assume you have 1 Main view and it has 2 view containers. You have created 2 separate views to be displayed in those view containers. Let's say requirement is to display these two views on press of a button. In this case you will need to create an outbound plug from Main view and there will be inbound plugs linked to that in other 2 view. So when you will fire the outbound plug, both the other views will get displayed. Here, multiple navigation links for 1 plug was helpful. Hope it clarifies.

Regards,

Harsh Bansal

0 Kudos

Hello,

You can have as many navigation plugs attached to one outbound plug. This is required when you want to call certain views depending on specific action or value available on main view.

Now to answer your second question: Ideally when you design your outbound plug then you should have single navigation to one inbound. But if you want to call multiple inbound plugs then you can crete multiple navigation links. Now there is no way you can call specific navigation link from outbound plug. So when you call outbound plug in general all navigation links will be fired up.

Now depending on the type of navigation you want to perform i.e. Calling various views in same window, or calling embeded views in UI containers from one view itself then depending on these different behaviour you will encounter.

I hope this clarifies most of the things.

Regards,

Praveen