cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts for application errors - soap fault message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody have experience catching a SOAP fault response using alerts? The Message monitor shows it as an application error.

I have tried different tactics - BPM etc to catch the soap fault. Could not write it to a target message or catch it with alerts.

Your help will not only be appreciated, but also be rewarded.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With the above explination , please see the below links..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7521a237-0701-0010-499b-b3285b78...

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/01/11/publishing-abap-webservices-to-an-external-uddi-server

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/xi-how-to-publish-wsdl-generated-from-xi-to-uddi

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2f2a9fa2-0a01-0010-32ac-d281db72...

SOAP Lookup - /people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defined-function

Regards

Chilla..

<i>Points rewarded if it is useful..</i>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Param,

This should be very much possible.

1. In your Inbound synch Messge interface for the SOAP , please assign the fault message type to this message interfac also.

2. Inside your BPM create a Container Element for this fault message and use it when you make the Synchronous Send to the SOAP.

3. Wrap the Send step with a Block and exception handling branch.

4. If a fault message is triggered , now the exception handler will be invoked and the fault mesage content will be available in the Fault Message Container element .

5. You can map this data to any format you want and sent it as per your requirment.

If you can give more details, it would help in understanding where you are going wrong.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bhavesh.

Q1. I am trying to implement what you suggested. This is what I have in the BPM:

1. Receive step to receive the message from the sender

2. Block step with an exception branch

3. Switch Step

4. Transformation step to map the message

5. Synchronous Send step

6. Asynchronous Send Step to send the response message to the Receiving system

The message that is sent out by BPM is finally sent using a sync inbound interface that has the fault message type added.

The response message received by the BPM is then mapped to the target message by using XSLT mapping. The formats of the response messages are:

Response message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Request Message Mapping

-->

- <SubmitOrderResponse>

<SubmitOrderResult>0</SubmitOrderResult>

</SubmitOrderResponse>

Soap Fault message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Request Message Mapping

-->

<ReturnCode>2</ReturnCode>

I added a container element in the BPM for the fault response. But I get this message as it is not used in the BPM: Container element is defined, but not initialized or used.

Q2. I get an APPLICATION_ERROR of type UNKNOWN in the Monitor when the SOAP Fault comes in. But this is not picked up by the alerts! All system errors are picked up. Any idea?