Did you mean: 

Adding SC from one track to another in NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have two tracks configured in the NWDI system,

track_a

track_b

track_a contains a SC, sc_a which contains a number of DCs. When we import development configurations for track_a_dev we are able to see all the DCs available for check in and check out.

We want to add this SC (sc_a) to track_b as well. To do this following steps were followed,

1. Go to CMS > Landscape Configurator

2. Choose track_b, click on change button

3. Click on Add SC button

4. Choose sc_a, click on Add and save the track

There is no error given at any point of time during this operation and we can see entry corresponding to sc_a in DTR also.

But when we import development configurations for track_b_dev in NWDS, there are no DCs present in it and no code is available for editing.

Is there any step missing here?

Please let me know if any more information is needed.

Regards,

Saurabh Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

But when we import development configurations for track_b_dev in NWDS, there are no DCs present in it and no code is available for editing.

This is because apparently you did not import the SCs into the development space in case of TRACK_B (cms webui -- Transport Studio -- development tab).

If you meant something else than this and you would like to achieve that the two tracks are in connection with each other, then I suggest you to double check in the below document the concept of "Maintenance Tracks":

Best Practices: Track design for ongoing development

http://scn.sap.com/people/marion.schlotte/blog/2006/03/30/best-practices-for-nwdi-track-design-for-o...

Best Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for your reply, it was helpful in understanding the concept of connected tracks.

But our problem here is less complicated than that. We had developed a DC in track_a (sc_a) which we now want to be also available in track_b.

While we are able to get the structure properly in DTR but when imported development configurations in NWDS, the code is not there.

I saw that sc_a was unassembled in track_b so I assembled it but still couldn't get the code in NWDS.

Please help.

Regards,

Saurabh Agarwal

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you need an SC in another track, then first you need to assemble it in the source track.

Then you need to set up a product in SLD's Software Catalog that refers this assembled SC as build time dependency. If it is done, you can trigger "Update CMS" in CMS webui, so CMS will also aware of this product you just created in SLD.

Once it is done, you need to put this SC (you assembled in source track) into the CMS inbox, and then simply in CMS check-in and import this (along with all the other SC dependencies of course) into the development space of the target track. Then you can fire up your NWDS, import the development configuration of the target track. This time the SC (built in the source track) and its DCs should be available in the target track too for development.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thank you for the detailed steps.

It resolved the problem. Code is now available in NWDS.

Regards,

Saurabh Agarwal

Answers (0)