cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRD error while making MIRO posting with inclusive excise with no stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am getting the issue for Price difference error, while doing invoice verification for PO having inclusive tax + VAT.After checking i found out that the PRD error is coming only in case of materials which is consumed before doing Invoice.

During Invoice simulation,system is updating Vendor account credit,GR/IR A/c debit but it is not capturing  CENVAT.

i Checked Part I & Part II entries.its correctly posted as per std. SAP process.

In case of excise inclusive scenario we didn't update condition record for excise. we are entering manually in Part I & reducing actual excise value from actual PO amount & putting remaining in Base amount by checking MRP indicator.

Example: Purchase order :item 10: Material:EA:Price:149: qty:1045(INCLUSIVE EXCISE+VAT@12.5% NON-RECOVERABLE)

GRN 156,183.84 = 136,720 (Actual price 155,705.00 - Excise 18,984.29) + VAT 19463.13.

At the time of invoice we are putting 136,720 manually in amount field. we are getting below entries,

CR Vendor                     175168.21

DR GR/IR                    156183.84

SAP is not adding excise amount after simulation. total difference is 18,984.29 which is excise amount.

Please let me know the solution for the same. I know the error but don't know how to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Fazeel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Fazeel,

As you are finding this error only in case materials being consumed before invoice & excise entries not getting updated, please try below steps in quality system for above mentioned scenario,
1. Do the initial stock entry through MIGO-561 MVT of material which is consumed having same quantity as GRN quantity.
2. Go to the MIRO & change the amount field as excise base value,simulate the invoice & check the entries.If correct, post it.
3. Now cancel the initial stock entry made in step1 through 562 MVT.

This is just a workaround  for above scenario,but you will be able to post the invoice anyway.

Kindly let me know once you got the result.

Regards,
Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have applied the aforesaid solution, and it has given me positive result, however i think this solution is only a scenario specific, but thanks any way for the guidance.

Regards,

Fazeel

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Thanks for the response.

We didn't maintain condition records for this tax code. After your reply, I maintained the condition record with zero % but still the issue is same. We are reducing the base amount for excise only in Part 1 as given in below screenshot,

and Part II has been done accordingly. All transactions are posted in respective GL accounts

Hi Ramesh,

Thank for your reply.

We are using MRP indicator for this scenario.

We tested same scenario in quality system with stock and without stock. We didn't get any issue in with stock scenario but in same scenario we issue the goods through MB1A before MIRO entry, We got the same issue over here.

Regards

Fazeel

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share your PO taxes screen shot.

I hope you had gone through the SAP note 1104456. If not, please go through it and  all your queries will be resolved.

You may try the same scenario in Dev or Qas again with the above settings and revert back with your findings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fazeel,

Pls ensure that you are following the dealer's process as per the below note ONLY.

1104456 Use of MRP indicator for capturing excise duties from dealer

Regards,

Rajasree R

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope you have changed the amount in MIRO field equal to Excise Base value.

Now can you share your PartII entry with screenshot?

In general in Trader procurement, if you donot change the amount field during MIGO Material account will be triggered and in case there is no stock coverage PRD account will be trigered.

Though it is a trader procurement, you should maintain the condtion records for relevant condition types with 0% rate in FV11. Please check that and have maintain it if not maintained and check once again.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope you have changed the amount in MIRO field equal to Excise Base value.

Now can you share your PartII entry with screenshot?

In general in Trader procurement, if you donot change the amount field during MIGO Material account will be triggered and in case there is no stock coverage PRD account will be trigered.

Though it is a trader procurement, you should maintain the condtion records for relevant condition types with 0% rate in FV11. Please check that and have maintain it if not maintained and check once again.