Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI monitoring - BMP grayed out

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

On my Solution Manager 7.1 SP8 system, I have configured PI Monitoring for my Process Orchestration instance.

All seems to work fine, however in the monitoring overview, the BPM part of the instance is grayed out, see image below.

All the steps of the managed system configuration and monitoring setup show a green status.

Is there any specific step required for the PBM part of Process Orchestration, or did I maybe miss something else?

Kind regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear mark,

As I already stated in my blog, we faced the same problem and opened a message with SAP.

I just wanted to put the answer here for people facing a similar problem in the future.

To solve the problem, take transaction SOLMAN_SETUP -> Technical Monitoring -> System Monitoring -> Define Scope. Take your SAP PI/PO system and go to Setup Monitoring.

On the highest level in the three (in my case <SID>~JAVA), click on assign templates.

Make sure template SAP NetWeaver CE is assigned to product SAP Netweaver CE x.xx (x.xx is your installed version). Apply and activate the settings.

Result:

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Dimitri,

This is cool! Thank man..

Cheers!

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of Process Orchestration do you have running?  PI monitoring on SolMan has certain restrictions when it comes to PI monitoring and its all dependent on the version of PI/Process Orchestration you have running.

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

I'm running PO 7.31 SP5.

Is there some matrix available where I can see which PO version (SP) is required for Solution Manager monitoring?

Kind regards,

Mark

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think there is a matrix, I've never come across one myself.  One caveat I know about is that message searching isn't available until PO 7.31; currently I deal with a 7.11 PI environment...

Have you looked here for common issues?  http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/PiMon_Home

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I already checked the wiki pages. Unfortunately the BPM part of the monitoring is not mentioned...

Kr. Mark

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the status of your extractors for P73?

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

All steps in the setup have successfully been completed.

Kr. Mark

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

If every thing is done then why not you put your daig agent in debug mode to find out the issue. Also, investigate you solman BI client for specific loaded data.

Regards,

Divyanshu

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if all steps complete successfully, you can still have authorization issues extracting the data you want.

In SolMan go to the SolMan Administration tab > Infrastructure > Framework > Extractor Framework > filter for P73 and click the green status filter check box to only display errors or grey items.

As you can see with one of my PI systems, all steps were completed and I still have red issues.  And this is currently a PI monitoring scenario I have some outstanding issues with.