cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TR Comparsion betweeb DEV, and Quality Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All;

We will go live soon with one of our projects, and one of the functional consultants mentioned to me that some of the work that has been done on the development client was not moved to the client of the quality system. He compared to me some of the work on SPRO in both development and quality system, and yes there was some difference.

Is there a way that I can get a report or know what the TRs which have been moved to Quality from dev, and which ones are still only on the DEV.

I need to know this so I can move the ones that are not sent yet to SAP Quality system.

Best Regards

~Amal Aloun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Go to se09 in development system. select all request types with user field marked as * and then click on display. then in menu "goto"-->Display as list, it will generate list of all TRs in dev with their status. download this list in excel file.

2.Goto import queue(stms_import) of quality and download the list of TRs in excel.

Then Compare.

Regards,

Vivek Sonnekar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a list of transports that haven't made it to QA yet, and send that list to the person(s) responsible, but under no circumstances should you move anything without the express approval of the owner or somebody else responsible for that area. 

What is in QA right now is what was is or was being used for testing, so it should be fine.  Anything else that is not there yet can be looked at, but only moved, if it is needed, and you have no way of knowing either way without talking to somebody from that functional area.  Anything that is moved will also have to be (re-)tested.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amal

Are you looking for reverse transport from QAS to DEV? Yes it’s possible with help of Basis team. We may require the change the transport route from QAS to DEV system. But it not recommend by SAP

What are the changes you already made in QAS same thing you have to do in DEV system and the do the Transport from DEV to QAS & Production systems

Thanks

Sriram

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amal

I think you are looking for this

Comparing Transport Requests in Two Systems 

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/EN/18/018c515deb4f929fe55205c2f1662a/content.htm?frame...

Compare transport objects between systems

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1267011

Comparing Transport Requests in Two Systems

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/4d/6e60f3174a74dbe10000000a42189c/content.htm

Best Regards

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what you need to check which all transport that have being created in the development client from table E070(Or import history in STMS) . now get the transports from QUA also. Try to create a vlookup in excel and see which have not gone in QUA.

Please also check all the transport in SE10 that are still in non released state and check in QUA.

But my main concern is that you cant import the missing transports in QUA just like that. You will have to review each transport before moving in QUA and the sequence related to those transport.

To be on the safer side just move the missing config back to QUA and production because this way you will have more issues if you move old version of object and overwriting the current version.

Please be careful.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If they were all transported you should be able to compare the transports in your Dev system against those of the QA system.

Do you have CTS+ or Solution Manager available?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Billy;

Yes I do have a solution manager.

Best Regards

~Amal Aloun

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Part of the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) suite has a section dedicated to tracking transports between the various systems and even has a built in comparison tool for situations like you currently have.  I have also recently learned that the time stamp on the transports is the time that they were imported into a system, not the time of the extractor running.

It even allows for the information to be exported to an excel sheet so you can quickly email out a list of outstanding transports.

Now for the caveat, you must have those systems already managed under the setup work center; not a big deal if you don't as I think a comparison can still be accomplished, but all the current transports are going to show up for the first day.

Here is an axample of a Dev BW system:

The green box is to show the excel export function, and the "Events From" is a date filter, you may have to choose a date to go back to in order for all the transports to come up.