Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDS config does not show Identity Store content

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are running IDM sp8 and Oracle 11.2.0.3.0 on a Unix server.

When configuring VDS to get ID stores content (using either HCM to IdStore or IdentityStore72 Template, not changing anything) and connecting through a LDAP browser (softerra), we get the following message:

Successfully connected to <server>

(IC Identity Store:0:OK)

NOT_PRINTABLE

and no data is displayed.

If using the integrated VDS ldap browser, we get the message "No entries returned"

The "Get database" works well so we don't think it is a connexion string problem. We already got this Template working on a Windows/SQL landscape so we think it might come from Oracle (apparently not getting the right idstore?)

Does anyone know what might be getting us this error?

Thanks a lot,

BR,

Clotilde

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Clotilde,

I'd start by checking all of the standard things:

1. Are you specifying the correct Scope in the VDS configuration.  The scope value is the numeric identifier of the Identity Store (e.g, "Enterprise People", the default Identity Store is almost always 1)

2. Are your drivers correct? If your VDS is on the same Server as IC, try having VDS point to IC's Oracle Database Driver path

3. After making changes, have you refreshed the configuration. If you've set this configuration to run as a service, you will need to stop it, update the config and restart it.

4. Check your database connection parameters, are they correct?

5. Check your VDS connection parameters, also check to see if you have any security or ACLs defined in your VDS config

Feel free to post screenshots of your configuration, that can also let us help figure out what's going on.  If that doesn't work, we'll have to arrange for you to upload the configuration.

, is there a way to set up a place for people to upload VDS configs?

Matt

kristian_lehment
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

how about posting the VDS-config- "How Tos" as an item in the IDM Wiki on SCN. E.g. under connectivity (see here: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Security/Connectivity ) ?!?!

Ciao

Kristian

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

thanks a lot for your checklist:

1. Yes. We tried with the n°1 (Enterprise people) for the IDM identity center 72 Template and n°2 (staging area) for the HCM LDAP EXTRACT for IDM 72

2. VDS is installed on a Unix Server, different than the IC one (Windows), but we matched the drivers (even if different directories, one is a copy from the other)

3. Yes we do apply, update, sometimes restart the VDS

4. This is what we get when we do a "get database" from the datasource IC Identity Store, so i guess the connexion is fine

5. Since we get the o=idstore in the ldap browser, i think that the connexion to the VDS is ok too

Where can i check for security or ACL defined in my VDS?

Regards,

Clotilde

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would this let members post:

1- Configurations that they have questions with

2- Configurations that others might find useful?

Thanks,

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Clotilde,

Just for grins, can you install VDS on a Windows system and see if it works, just remember you'll need to copy over the database driver and keys.ini.  That would rule out any kind of permissions issue.

I'll get you some screenshots about the ACLs. 

Matt

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to have special access for majority of the wiki sections, and this is one of those sections.

Option 2 would be useful, but Option 1 probably won't happen.  Creating a doc under your profile ID would be easier/faster to accomplish.

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

so i installed my VDS on the same Windows server as my identity center and used the same keys.ini and same database driver.

I configured a new Template (still standard one, no changes, using the identitycenter 72 one) and it does work.

We now are looking at a java problem, on the UNIX server i use the sapjvm6 and on my Windows server i use jre1.6, and that is the only difference (we use the same oracle database, same ojdbc...)

I will now try to install sapjvm6 on my Windows server and see if it still works or not.

Clotilde

EDIT so i just tried with jvm6 on Windows and it worked perfectly... We don't have anymore ideas where to look.

Message was edited by: Clotilde Martinez

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt - I'll check this with the SCN team and get back to you.

Regards,

Chris

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could this be an ID issue on the non-Windows box?  I know you said you had results return when you manually check, which I assume is your ID or an ID with some type of elevated privileges.  What ID is being used/called when you attempt an automated run?

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried with pretty much each one of them but the one i have now is the <SID>_oper.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Clotilde,

Java versions have been an issue with VDS back to when it was MVD.(MaXware Virtual Directory)

Can you try installing the same version of Sun (Oracle) Java as on the Windows system?

Also are you using the JRE or the JDK? What about version 32Bit or 64?

Matt

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I did another configuration from scratch and managed to make it work on Unix, changing the standard constants.

I think it came from some of them that were set to FALSE or not defined.

I also had the same error on a branch where Access Rights were not correctly defined.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Clotilde

former_member205095
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clotilde,

I'm getting the same error, we export employee data but its not getting into Identity store, I'm not able to see on UI neither the login is not created,

the environment is IDM 7.2 the VDS and IC is installed on Windows server but the Oracle 11.2.03.0 is in a Unix.

please waht did you change to make it work?

Arrivind

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Form what you're writing, i'm not sure that it is the same problem.

When you say UI, are you referring to idm web ui (http://host:port/idm) if so then you should open a new thread. If not, those are the constants i've put in my configuration :

Best Regards,

Clotilde

Answers (0)