cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join problem in Designer/WebI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I started a discussion a while ago in the Web Intelligence forum about a problem I have been having with joins that don't get picked up by WebI (but works as expected in DeskI): http://scn.sap.com/message/14134753#14134753

This problem now occurs every time I add a new join to my main Oracle universe. The join is not "seen" when I create a WebI report from the two tables that are joined. Not a problem in DeskI. It seems to me maybe WebI is not happy with the high number of the join id. If I copy the whole structure into a new universe it works fine adding more joins. Also I can edit an old, unused join to be between the desired tables and I will get it to work.

What I am wondering (if noone knows how to fully resolve this in any other way), is if there is any way to save my object id's but scrap my join id's, so that the id of the next added join won't be such a high number?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elisabeth,

Did you try using the Include option under File>Parameters>Links to ensure you include the content from this universe as is to a fresh new universe to see if it works without impacting existing reports.

You can try the new join addition as well in the linked universe.

One thing that I doubt of it working in Deski and not working in webi is may be due to the fact Deski refers to local copy of universe where as Webi server copy. Can you please check and confirm if the new join changes are reflected properly in server copy of universe, by importing fresh copy locally after the changes.

Another thing I suspect is contexts, Are there any contexts in the universe?If so you need to ensure the newly created joins are part of any of the valid contexts.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Mallik!

I'll have to read up more on linking of universes, but not sure it's an easily sustainable workaround..?

The changes are definitely exported, and the join is physically there, it just doesn't get included in the where clause. I can see the new table, so I know the changes have been exported, just not the join between it and the old table.

We have used alias structures instead of contexts in this universe, so there is no context it should be part of either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elisabeth, why are you unsing aliased structures instead of contexts?

Is it a dimensional model or are you working over an OLTP?

Answers (0)