cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery quantity is NOT EQUAL to Sales Order quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having an issue with some of our delivery.

The delivery quanitty is greater than the sales order quantity.

This does not happen for all sales order.

In the cases where it occurs, the delivery quantity is GREATER than that of the sales order.

Example: SO - 1 PCE    =>      DEL - 3 PCE

Please give me an explanation as tho why this is happening.

I was not able to replicate the issue so I am not sure what the root cause is.

Please help! <text removed, priority normalized>

Thanks!

Message & its subject was edited by Moderator

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you have rounding available or do you have minimum delivery quantity. check the delivery quantity against the rounded quantity or check if the delivery is a combination of multiple orders.

Regards

ilango

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilango,

Thanks for the reply.

I've checked the material, both the minimum order and delivery quantity is 1 (PCE).
No rounding available as well, all involve qty are in PCE so whole numbers; hence no rounding.

Upon, checking in doc flow only onde SO is traceable to the delivery.
Also, double checked in tabel VTFA.
Or is there further way to check?

Regards,

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback.

Over delivery tolerance is set as 0. By the way, the delivery is created via transaction VL10A. And no changes were done manually (based on the change log and CDPOS) after posting the delivery.

I was able to completely copy the sales order in our test environment. My test data was completely identical with the sales order in the Productiton system. But when i performed VL10A, my delivery came out normal.

@Srinivas

Could you please elaborate on the checking you're suggesting?

Help still very much needed.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith,

not sure if something is happening at the delivery level (probably some corrections based on the way the material is picked which updates the delivery quantity with some exit) , can you check if you see any change logs in Delivery level, if you dont have the authorization to check the changes in the delivery level, check executing WSCDSHOW program for that delivery number & let us know.

This seems to be a peculiar issue, as Lakshmipathi pointed out this might because of some user exit.

Regards

Ilango

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Keith,

Just check your CMR - sales area- Shipping view - partial delivery tab whether you have maintained any tolerance limits over there

or

check in CMIR - Vd52 whether you have maintained any tolerance limits over there

and

further check in delivery item category (0vlp) controls for what kind of message to popup once delivery qty exceeds the order qty just put error message over there to restrict.

Thanks,

samba

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After saving the sales order, go back to the order in change mode and see what is the quantity in the item overview and schedule line. If it has changed, it has something to do with configuration of the sales document type, item cat and sch. line cat. If the qty does not change, then it has to do with the cofig at the delivery document level and dlv item cat level. Other wise, your copy controls must be wrong. It has to be one of these 3.

Which sales order type are you using?

which material are you using?

what is the sch line cat of the material?

Check the settings of copy control - source as sales documents and target as delivery documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keith,

Have you checked Over Delivery Tolerance in sales order, system will allow you to make delivery with more quantity if same has been maintained as over delivery tolerance in sales order.

Thanks,

Pratik Parmar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, I just like to add that inconsistency seems to have NO PATTERN at all.

The increase "seems" to be random.

In one case, qty is SO is 1 then became 3 in DEL.

In another, from 2 to 24.

In another, from 1 to 6.

Hope somebody can help...

Thanks!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you have already indicated the areas where you were supposed to check, ensure no user exit is in place for delivery. 

G. Lakshmipathi