cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is SAP Fiori and what is the difference between SAP Fiori and SUP(Sybase unwired platform)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am very newbie of SUP developement. Basically i am an android developer and recently i started learning SUP (Sybase Unwired Platform).

In the SAP Mobile , i heard about SAP Fiori.

Can any one let me know what exactly the SAP Fiori and What is the difference between SAP Fiori and Sybase Unwired Platform.

My appreciation for your help

Thanks,

sathish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your valuable information.

Can we develop applications using SAP Fiori technology. 

If yes, which is the best technology(SUP or SAP Fiori) to use for developing robust applications.

Can you please clarify me the below query.

Any client will expect his application should run in any platform and in any device. So SAP Fiori apps will run almost in all the devices.Then what is the scope of SUP in a user perspective.

Thanks,

sathish    

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP is providing different solutions for enterprise mobility to satisfy all the requirement of customers. One among them is SAP Fiori. Non of the solutions are replaceable to each other.

SAP Fiori comes under approval apps. These apps are hybrid apps and it uses web technologies hence it will not be capable to do all business process. This is a limitation of hybrid apps. Hence it never replace SUP.

Using SUP it is possible to develop different kind of apps (Native offline, native online and Hybrid) it is capable to do any type of business process with offline capabilities. So if the client has a requirement to mobilize one of there business process with offline capabilities we have to suggest SUP native offline. If it is a small approval scenario like PO approval we can suggest SUP hybrid app or FIORI.

So selecting a solution totally depends on the requirement of the customer.

- Midhun VP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • SAP Fiori apps are based on SAP UI 5 framework. SAP UI 5 framework is developed by SAP for a common UI development tool for all SAP products.
  • FIORI apps are hybrid which are based on the web technologies ( HTML5, CSS, Javascript ) so it will work in all major mobile platforms and in desktops.
  • In future SAP UI 5 would be supported by SUP. Right now there is no relation between SAP Fiori apps and SUP.
  • SAP Fiori apps will be connecting to SAP via SAP NW gateway.
  • Using SUP we can develop different types of apps : Hybrid, Native-MBO, Native-Odata.

- Midhun VP

Vlad
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In short words, SAP Fiori is a collection of web applications. They include HTML and JavaScript code, plus ABAP packages to access the backend.

SMP (old SUP) is used to develop a variety of application accessing data from multiple backends (OData, JDBC, SOAP and SAP NetWeaver connections).

Fiori applications are also extendible, but it is the pure HTML scenario, and SMP is a mobile platform.