cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost SCA and want to modify code ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've read Guenter Schiele's blog on "How to Migrate Developed Software Components to a New Release in NWDI"

<a href="/people/guenter.schiele/blog/2007/02/12/how-to-migrate-developed-software-components-to-a-new-release-in-nwdi:///people/guenter.schiele/blog/2007/02/12/how-to-migrate-developed-software-components-to-a-new-release-in-nwdi

Now I'm a little bit confused : what do I do if I develop a software component and lose the SCA and delete the track. If I understand correctly, the SCA (with source code option) must be imported into the track so developers can modify the source. If I deleted the track where I did the development, how can I create a new track and continue developing this software component since there is no track to transport the source from.

I know this is a worst case scenario but I was hoping the DTR would be our main source code database. This database is what I would backup with great care. I wasn't planing to do file system backups.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

If you delete a track in CMS the workspaces in DTR are not automatically deleted, i.e. you will not automatically lose your sources. (You can delete DTR workspaces manually if you really need to.) If you then create a new track with the same ID in CMS the DTR workspaces should be "reused". In that way you can also recreate what was there.

Regards,

Marc

Answers (0)