Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prod DR install

former_member233385
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Expert,

We are planning to do Production DR installation for XI.

The Actual Production is already installed on seperate host and it is on AIX Cluster. The instance number is 00 & SCS is 01.

For the Production DR XI installation we have decided to install on another host on which we have installed Quality XI. But the required file system for the Production XI is also created on the same host.

During the Quality XI installation we gave Instance Number as 00 and SCS as 01.

We have started with the Prod XI DR install ( CI install) on the same host and now we are facing issue. The issue is.

Abap System ->Service Ports

You entered :3600

The service port 3600 is already in use by another service. Remove the existing service or choose another port.

As per my understanding we cannot have same instance number 00 on the same host.

Please let me know your suggestion and approach for the same.

Regards,

Anil Shenoy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Changing the system number involves renaming the file systems or directories /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00 and /usr/sap/SID/SCS01, renaming the SAP profiles, modifying the services file.

For the Java part you can try modifying the port numbers and things like that from the Configtool but probably the best option would be an export and import of the Java.

Regards

RB

former_member233385
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek / Benjamin ,

Thanks for your reply.

This is completed.

Regards,

Anil Shenoy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

You cannot have multiple SAP systems on the same host with the same system number.

The system number should be unique for every system.

The SAP port numbers are based on the system number of the system.

You will need to assign a different system number for this installation.

Regards

RB

former_member233385
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manas / Benjamin,

Thanks for your inputs.

1)Suppose if i reconfigure my Quality system to change to (for eg 10 & 11).

Please let me know where and all i have to make the changes and as per my understanding we will have to shutdown down the Quality system before we make the changes.

2) The 2nd approach will be get a different hardware for Prod XI - and than install with instance number 00 and SCS 01. But this we will have to check with the customer.

Regards,

Anil Shenoy

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You going to have to do more than just shut down your stack, chances are you are going to have to dig through the offline config tool and locate every location that your instance number is referenced.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

2nd approach will be better, becz DR systems are usually installed on remote locations so that in case of any disaster we can use it to recover. But if your customer is insisting on the 1st approach then to change instance number of QAS better way is to do homogeneous system copy and changing the instance number.
If you are going to change the instance number manually,

For ABAP stack you need to

1. Rename directory in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/DVEBMGS<old_inst_no> with DVEBMGS<new_inst_no>

2. Change the instance number in START, INSTANCE and DEFAULT profile. (make sure before changing take backup of these files)

3. You need to make changes in /etc/services file for sapgw<inst_number>

4. Look for files containing number 00 with following command in /usr/sap/<SID>/ and /sapmnt/

# Grep  00 .[a-z]* If you find any file containing the old instance number change it to new instance number.

4. Take restart of the system.

For JAVA part as I suggest to do homogeneous system copy with new instance number.

Regards,

Vivek Sonnekar

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

You are right , in one host we can not provide same system no. to different SAP system . As Instance no. are associated with different ports like  36<Instance no.> , 33<Instance no> and others . Also there is shared memroy linked with Instance no.

I will suggest to change the Instance no. for Quality System to change ( for e.g. 10 and 11 ) and keep Prodcution DR system no. same as actual production system no. Because incase of actual DR issue there will be problem in SAP logon ( System no. will change and have to communicate to end users  ) .In this way  you can start both system on one host without any problem .

Thanks

Manas Behra