cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response time is high

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The PRD system response time is very high. Client is complaining that the users are not able to work.

When I goto st03, I notice that the GUI time is high and roll wait time is high.

1st problem: As GUI time is taking high, I need to talk with network team.

2nd problem: Roll wait time is high. I see that all the buffers are red in st02. Is this a serious problem that I have to look into it and make changes to the buffers ?

If this is a serious problem, please suggest me some solution how to set the buffer parameters and how to reduce the roll wait time.

Thanks & Regards

Sudhir Sadhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir

Kindly restart the entire system and then  check the system response.

Could you share your OS /DB details. i thing you have to check the memory parameters

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Your roll wait time is part of your high gui time.

Also increase your buffer parameters for ST02 so that your hit ratio should be at least in the 90 percentile preferably 95% and above.

Also note  Note 1063061 - Information about response time in STAD/ST03 give more information on response times.

Additionally if your users are over WAN connection check if their GUI setting is set to low speed connection this reduces/compresses the traffic a bit and may also help.

Kind Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

You can check below things to find out as to why this is happening.

1.Check during the time users are facing problems whether the dialog processes are sufficient or all are full.

2.Swaps are common in Production System but hit ratios are good so no problem from that side.

3.Please check the load on the system when users are facing this issue , may be lot of background jobs are running at that time in the system , try to distribute the load to times when users are less in the system.

Regards,

Kunal Gahlot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Steve, you main problem seems to few dialog work process. If you look you have also "wait time" in DIA and RFC work process.

Increase the number of dialog work process, and increase the buffer abap/buffersize from 500000 to at least 800000.

Regards

Matteo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your biggest problem seems to be a very high roll wait time. That is usually cause by having too few dialog work processes. Run SM50 and look at the values in the CPU column for the dialog processes. I'm guessing they will all be quite high. A simple way to check if you have enough dialog wps is that in SM50 one of them should have zero, or near zero, CPU time. If that's not true for you, add some more.

The hit ratio for most of your buffers is pretty high despite the buffer swaps. There will always be some. Whether those numbers are high or not depends on how long the system has been running - you didn't include that in the ST02 screen shot so we can't tell. There's one obviously low one, but otherwise I wouldn't worry too much about them. Address the roll wait time first.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

As you said, the column CPU in sm50 it is empty. So, there is no problem with the work process.

The roll wait time:

Thanks & regards

Sudhir Sadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The CPU column is only populated when you click the "clock" icon on the toolbar. If it is empty, you haven't clicked the button...

Steve.