cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jstart.exe not starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having an issue on our NetWeaver 7.2 CE Windows 08 server.  I can not get the jstart.exe to start.

I was trying to fix a different issue and I ran the MaxDB uninstall.  Getting errors (*** ERROR => Node 'bootstrap' failed with exit code 503.) when trying to start the jstart.exe during server startup.  I found a post (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/46/762f4b2bf459d8e10000000a1553f6/content.htm) that says to check j2ee/ dbdriver in the /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_J<XX><HOSTNAME>.  I did this and found the following

j2ee/dbdriver = \sapdb\clients\<SID>\runtime\jar\sapdbc.jar.

Here is the actual problem(s):

1. I do not have the clients directory in my sapdb directory.
    1. would this have been deleted when i ran the MaxDB uninstall??
  2. I have also seen in other instances of NetWeaver that are working I have a CL_<SID> which i do not have on this instance.  Can you please explain this to me??  I was wondering if it was something that was created during the initial Netweaver install that was deleted along with the clients directory.
  3. Can you tell me how to get this CL_<SID> back so that i can start NetWeaver??

I have also ran db_state in the dbmcli and it says ONLINE.

Thanks

Keith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

1. if you run SDBUNINST you deinstall the MaxDb software - which also means the directories are removed and the registry entries.

2. As of MaxDb Version 7.8 we have a so called isolated isntallation - so on a central system if you isntall the Server package the client software is not installed implicitely anymore. You have to do this isntallation explictly und SDBINST oder SDBSETUP.

If you are a SAP custoemr then you can use SAP note https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/649814

3. Please check with note https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/822271 if you have any client software installed on this server. If not please isntall the client software as described in the notes.

Did this solve your problem?

Regards, Christiane

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am now seeing the clients directory.  I now see the following:

********************************************************************************
F  *** ERROR => Node 'bootstrap' failed with exit code 503.
F  *** Please see section 'Failures in the 'synchronizing binaries' phase'
F  *** in SAP Note 1316652 for additional information and trouble shooting advice.
F ********************************************************************************
F  [Thr 6008] *** LOG => exiting (exitcode 22002, retcode 1).

I have read the note and it says to check the following logs 

1.  dev_jstart*--------Gives me the same error as above

2.  dev_bootstrap* ----------Gives me the following: 

F  ********************************************************************************
   F  *** ERROR => Java node 'Instance_bootstrap' terminated with exit code 503.
   F  ***
   F  *** Please see section 'Java program exit codes'
   F  *** in SAP Note 1316652 for additional information and trouble shooting advice.
   F  ********************************************************************************
   F  [Thr 1052] *** LOG => exiting (exitcode 503, retcode 1).
   M  [Thr 1052] CCMS: CCMS Monitoring Cleanup finished successfully.

3.  std_bootstrap.*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   stdout/stderr redirection
   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   node name   : Instance_bootstrap
   host name   :
   system name : S25
   system nr.  : 00
   started at  : Tue Jul 30 16:15:13 2013

[1052]  16:15:14    ***Warning: Loadavg: Could not collect performance query data.
   [GC 3072K->1013K(8896K), 0.0013568 secs]
   [GC 4085K->2128K(8896K), 0.0088252 secs]
   [GC 5200K->3703K(8896K), 0.0137901 secs]
   [GC 6775K->5300K(11968K), 0.0016637 secs]
   [Full GC 5300K->4298K(16640K), 0.0085852 secs]
   [GC 10442K->5914K(16640K), 0.0012994 secs]
   [GC 12058K->7679K(23552K), 0.0031556 secs]
   [GC 18751K->7390K(23744K), 0.0166013 secs]
   [GC 18462K->7422K(31744K), 0.0023433 secs]

4.  jvm_bootstrap.*

Exception occurred for component [internal/unkown] of type [unkown]
    com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Storage access initialization failed.Check if the database is running and the database connection properties
    at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.StorageAccess.<init>(StorageAccess.java:131)
    at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initializeSynchronizer(Bootstrap.java:76)
    at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:161)
   ----------==[ Caused by: ]==----------
    com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while connecting to DB.
    at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPoolImpl.createConnection(DBConnectionPoolImpl.java:364)
    at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPoolImpl.<init>(DBConnectionPoolImpl.java:157)
    at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandlerImpl.<init>(PersistenceHandlerImpl.java:40)
    at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.<init>(ConfigurationCache.java:132)
    at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.init(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:259)
    at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.<init>(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:38)
    at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.StorageAccess.<init>(StorageAccess.java:124)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   Caused by: com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc40.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: [-4008]: Unknown user name/password combination
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc40.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException.createException(SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException.java:33)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.createException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:227)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.generateDatabaseException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:146)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.packet.ReplyPacket.createException(ReplyPacket.java:69)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.throwSQLError(ConnectionSapDB.java:1096)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:720)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:562)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.doConnect(ConnectionSapDB.java:507)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.<init>(ConnectionSapDB.java:134)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDBFinalize.<init>(ConnectionSapDBFinalize.java:13)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB.connect(DriverSapDB.java:251)
    at com.sap.sql.connect.factory.DriverPooledConnectionFactory.createVendorConnection(DriverPooledConnectionFactory.java:50)
    at com.sap.sql.connect.factory.DriverPooledConnectionFactory.getPooledConnection(DriverPooledConnectionFactory.java:37)
    at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DBDataSourceImpl.createPooledConnection(DBDataSourceImpl.java:674)
    at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DBDataSourceImpl.newPooledConnection(DBDataSourceImpl.java:624)
    at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DBDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(DBDataSourceImpl.java:164)
    at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:208)
    at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPoolImpl.createConnection(DBConnectionPoolImpl.java:353)
    ... 13 more
    [Bootstrap]> Error during synchronization. More details: the previous log entries

5.  log_bootstrap.*

[Jul 30, 2013 4:15:16 PM ] Exception occurred for component [internal/unkown] of type [unkown]
   com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Storage access initialization failed.Check if the database is running and the database connection properties
    at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.StorageAccess.<init>(StorageAccess.java:131)
   ----------==[ Caused by: ]==----------
   com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while connecting to DB.
    at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPoolImpl.createConnection(DBConnectionPoolImpl.java:364)
    at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPoolImpl.<init>(DBConnectionPoolImpl.java:157)
    at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandlerImpl.<init>(PersistenceHandlerImpl.java:40)
    at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.<init>(ConfigurationCache.java:132)
    at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.init(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:259)
    at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.<init>(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:38)
    at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.StorageAccess.<init>(StorageAccess.java:124)
   Caused by: com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc40.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: [-4008]: Unknown user name/password combination
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc40.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException.createException(SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException.java:33)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.createException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:227)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.generateDatabaseException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:146)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.packet.ReplyPacket.createException(ReplyPacket.java:69)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.throwSQLError(ConnectionSapDB.java:1096)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:720)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:562)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.doConnect(ConnectionSapDB.java:507)
   at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.<init>(ConnectionSapDB.java:134)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDBFinalize.<init>(ConnectionSapDBFinalize.java:13)
    at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB.connect(DriverSapDB.java:251)
    at com.sap.sql.connect.factory.DriverPooledConnectionFactory.createVendorConnection(DriverPooledConnectionFactory.java:50)
    at com.sap.sql.connect.factory.DriverPooledConnectionFactory.getPooledConnection(DriverPooledConnectionFactory.java:37)
    at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DBDataSourceImpl.createPooledConnection(DBDataSourceImpl.java:674)
    at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DBDataSourceImpl.newPooledConnection(DBDataSourceImpl.java:624)
    at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DBDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(DBDataSourceImpl.java:164)
    at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:208)
    at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPoolImpl.createConnection(DBConnectionPoolImpl.java:353)
    ... 13 more
   [Jul 30, 2013 4:15:16 PM ] [Bootstrap]> Error during synchronization. More details: the previous log entries

I was wondering what user name/password it was talking about in 4 and 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the error message [-4008]: Unknown user name/password combination points to an authorisation problem. the default user to connect the database as DBA user is SAP<SID>DB in an java stack environment.

Regards, Christiane

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Keith,

Check if the path to the driver jar files is configured correctly in the Secure Store (note 867976).

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende