Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of ChaRM with Solution Documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to integrate ChaRM with Solution Documentation

I have below queries

1. In RFC (Request for change) screen , I want to perform Document Check in/Check Out. How to do this.
  2. I have to show which all documents need to be updated for a particular chnage (i.e. RFC)
  3. Usage of documents, Projects & Solutions assignmen block(AB). How these ABs function.

Regards

P Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you have not detailed your situation clearly let's assume few things

1) You have Gone Live and perfoming regular Maint. Activities (Support Mode).

You have 2 options here,

a) To change the business process structure in a solution, you can use a maintenance project instead of making changes directly to the solution
Assign a maintenance project to a solution, and then enable the Check-out/Check-in‟ functionality.

The Check Out/In procedure is for business processes, redocumentation/changes from the Solution Directory to Maint Project. These changes are then performed in a maintenance project linked directly to the solution.

b) Make use of ChaRM for creating a Change Request in the Solution Directory. More relevant for your scenario, I guess.

2) You are implementing a project (Ongoing Implementation mode)

Let's assume, you are still implementing projects and far from Go Live and you want to make use of chaRM with SOLAR02.  You can still do it using
Service Messages Tab in SOLAR02. You can create CR for any of thr Business Process nodes usnig this option.

Regards,
Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek,

Check out/Check in functionality in Solution assigment block, is it for documents.

How exacly it works, any SAP published rkt on this ? or any article / blog on this.

Regards

P Kumar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Solution Directory enables controlled change of process structure through check-in checkout functionality with an approval process

below is the standard document for check out/in from solution directory

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000503422010E

to give you idea this is checking out Business Process for maintaining it via solution manager maintenance project

Regards

Prakhar

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

For the option 1-b which you mentioned- Using check in/ check out using change request management.

I performed that check and then for a process I created a change request that is I clicked on a "create" and a change request was created in ChaRM. I want to know that how can I go ahead with this.

I mean how to make the structure changes in the maintenance project and get those changes back in Solution?

Can you outline the steps? and is there any document or Blog on it?

Regards'

Vishal

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

If we use the option 1b, the additional option we get is performing the Check In/out directly from the Change Request that we create for the structure nodes. The changes for the solution directory would be made in a similar way when we use standalone Check In/Check Out procedure in solution directory. However the advantage here would be having the Change Request approval procedure in place for the checked structure object.

From the change request screen, you have the option to request for check out/in.

This reference can be seen in the solution directory with CR reference which says "Check Out requested with Business Transaction XXXXXXX"

Let's assume the CR gets approved by the approvers, now you check out the structure into the Maint. Project from CR screen,

You make the changes in the Main Project and Check the changes back in using the same above screen.

Hope that clears your doubt.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have done this in my system. Created a change request, approved it, created check out request, made changes and then check in process.

There is no normal or urgent change in this.

Everything is completed in the change request approval procedures. Can we link this to any release cycles, the changes done are incorporated with the planned changes?

Regards,

Vishal

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two ways of looking at it.

1) You are only making changes to structure in Solution Directory,  you dont need any Change Documents (normal, Urgent ..etc) becaus eit is purely local. Just for example, In Order to Cash process your business has decided Delivery Order is created after the Post Goods Issue. Earlier it was other way round. Now you need to update the BP Structure in Solution Directory, where you change the order in which the BP Steps are represented.

2) You are changing the way the Business Process is being excecuted (that involves making changes to the PRD system in your business ) then of course it has to go throgh DEV-QAS-PRD route. For that you need CR, CDs ..etc. Just for example, there is a new BP step now Business wants in place in standard O2C process. Now this involves configuration/developments, hence CDs and Transports etc. In this case you have to create a CR then CD and Transports to reflect the changes in PRD. Once your new changes are in place in the landscape, you come back to Solution Directory and update the existing Blueprint. This needs a release cycle obviously.

What I highlighted above is the 1st scenario, where in you just want to update the BP Structure in Solution Directory (purely in solman) where in your other landscape stuffs are untouched.

The idea is to have 99.999%, if not 100% similarity in how your Business runs and How it is represented in Solution Manager.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek,

Also I wanted to know about the maintenance project. For the check in check out purpose I have created the maintenance project from the Solution Specific settings tab for that solution. Now since the Business process have multiple logical components all those logical components will be added to the maintenance project also.

Now for the case where we just need to change the process structure we wont require any change document as you mentioned.

But for cases where you need to change the production system we will have to specify a project which as got charm activated for it and that I believe are the projects which have only one logical component. So for such case will there be 2 maintenance project involved.

1 linked with the solution for check in check out and

2 for transporting the config?

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI Vishal,

I have treid creating Request for change from Serivce Message but it only Showing SMCR.  i want to add ZMCR to it.

Is there nay way we can have that.

Regards,

Shashank

erasmussen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

Which transaction type to be created from SOLMA_DIRECTORY is customized in transaction DNO_CUST04, Field CHANGE_REQUEST_NEW

Regards

Endre Rasmussen