cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to determine picking strategy for special stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a make to order scenario and we have stock against the Sales Order available in the system. Now I have delivery created against the sales order.

The facility is SAP WM managed and I am trying to create Transfer Orders against the Delivery. Now on trying to perform the stock removal in the Background or Foreground, I get an error 'System cannot find source storage bin' with Message no. L3008.

On trying to do a 'Stock Figures', I get an information message 'No available stock exists' with message type L3191 and this is preventing me from creating the TO's for the delivery.

But when I provide the HU's/SU's directly in the Source Storage Unit field, I am able to create the TO's.

I need to be able pick the HU's for the special stock in the background or they should be appearing in the available for stock stock figures.

Please note, I have mentioned the stock removal strategy in the material master and the same is provided in the storage type search sequence for special stock 'E'.

Thanks & Regards

Bis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Biswajit,

Have you maintained any other entry for pick indicator PFG for normal stock?

Is you current E stock lying in any of the storage types FSA MIX PSA  in the correct section as per the section search strategy ?

Could you provide the screen shot of the storage bin search log for better understanding.

rgds,

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. My stock is lying in FSA. The question is why is not showing in the stock figiures as well when I open search with all storage types? Please find the screenshot attached for LS24 and storage bin search log..

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the putaway for batch1234 is not yet confirmed, hence this batch is not available for picking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats correct. I saw open TO's against them and confirmed them now. It is available for picking now. Thanks a lot for the help. My bad, should have noticed the putaway.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Biswajit,

Can you confirm which removal strategy you are using?

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using removal strategy as FIFO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also uploading the screenshot for your reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the storage type search customizing (OMLY).

1) Use the warehouse number, stock removal indicator of material master to be picked, and special stock indicator to search the table.

2) If no entry found, you need to maintain the customizing so that system can search storage types for picking automatically.

3) Otherwise, check if the storage type from which the manual picking is done is included in the search sequence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The strategy is included by WH number, Storage type indicator and special stock.indicator. The storage type is included in the search sequence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the the storage bin search log when creating picking TO in foreground - press "Shift+F8" after you hit error 'System cannot find source storage bin'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does not speak of any specific reason. It says material data for this storage type is not maintained. But why is not showing up in stock figures as well with an open search for storage bins? Is there any specific config for removal strategies arounf FIFO or Stringent FIFO for special stck types?