Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI using SNC

former_member189774
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to test and implement the following: a way to connect from our customer's SAP GUI, to our SAP ERP via a secure connection, and vice versa (from my SAP GUI to my customer's SAP ERP).

I would like for someone to point in the right direction, or even to provide an example, as SAP documentation is not that specific on that matter (or I have not found the right document).

What do I need?

SAP GUI properties

SAProuter configuration

An explanation of how this works

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are also going to need to involve other infrastructure pieces to proceed, for example do you plan on having SAP Router have the needed ports forwarded on a firewall, will it sit out side the firewall, will you be using VPNs (site to site or remote access)?

There is also the possibility of doing a SSL connection to a web dispatcher and having that connect you to the ERP system.

former_member189774
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Billy for your reply. As of today, we are able to connect through SAProuter (both on our site and at our customer's).

Perhaps I should provide more details.

On both saprouttab we have a P * * * entry (this is NOT exactly the case, we have it with more detail). This way we are able to create RFCs from Site A to Site B, and vice versa. We are also able to connect using SAP GUI from Site A to Site B, and vice versa.

If I use KT/KP entries on both saproutab: Does this mean that communication is encrypted and/or secured? Can I do this and change my P * * * to D * * * ?

What about the SAP GUI tab where one configures SNC? Is this the right place to do it? If so, what is the syntax?

Many questions, I know. But I need to fully understand this.

Best regards,

Mauricio Zeledon

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My understanding of SAP Router and SNC, you seem to be wanting to do a SNC setup on SAP GUI to a SAP Router?

If this is the case, I don't think you can accomplish it; with SAP GUI using a SAP Router you are point the client at a "router" and it in turn is then directing your traffic.  Adding SNC on top of this means you need to enable SNC on the SAP system you are going to connect.

While SAP Router does support SNC, I believe this is to other SAP Routers as you don't want your routed traffic exposed on the Internet (RFCs like SAPOSS for example).

Also which version of SAP GUI are you using in this scenario?

former_member189774
Participant
0 Kudos

Current architecture example:

My site:

Client_1, IP 192.168.10.1 (SAP GUI 730)

SAProuter_1 IP 192.168.10.2 (External 10.1.1.1)

Solman IP 192.168.1.3

Customer's site

SAProuter_2 IP 192.168.20.2 (External 20.1.1.1)

SAP ERP IP 192.168.20.1

The idea is to be able to connect from Client_1 to SAP ERP, via SAProuter_1 and SAProuter_2, with SNC.

We also need to connect SAP ERP to Solman, via SAProuter_2 and SAProuter_1, with SNC also. We DO NOT need SNC from Client_1 to SAProuter_1, and from SAP ERP to SAProuter_2.

Client_1 ----> SAProuter_1 ---> SAProuter_2 ---> SAP ERP

SAP_ERP ---> SAProuter_2 ---> SAProuter_1 ---> Solman

As per you last reply, I understand that SNC is between SAProuter_1 and SAProuter_2. If I want to use SNC from Client_1 to SAP ERP, SNC has to be set up up on SAP ERP. Is my understandig correct?

If so, do I use KT/KP entries? Please post an example using the given IP addresses.

Best regards,

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't use SNC on my SAP Router (so no working examples).  Now I would assume Client_1 would put in the SAP ERP info into SAP GUI and for the SAP Router section you would specify 192.168.10.2 as that is the device that knows how to reach ERP.

For the above to work, both Routers would need to have SNC setup between them and permit the flow of traffic between them.

What I'm still confused on is this; do you have a requirement to do SNC on SAP GUI to ERP?  I ask as you would already need this for the 2 SAP Routers and you would be doubling the encryption between the SAP GUI and ERP, I would expect that to slow down some of the end user's work(flow) as you have to decrypt/encrypt all communication twice.

former_member189774
Participant
0 Kudos

Does this mean that as long as both SAProuter have a KT/KP entry pointing at each other, I have an SNC connection between them?

I would not need to set up SNC on my SAP GUI configuration.

Regards,

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My assumption would be yes.