cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Data in ALV tables in Tabs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have 3 tabs in my Web Dynpro Component. I am using onSelect event and coded in the event handler method of onSelect event for displaying different data in the ALV tables in 3 tabs. So depending on the tab selected, the data will be displayed. For displaying the data  in the table on the default tab when we test the application, do I need to put the same code that I have in the event handler method above in wddoinit method? Please let me know if there is any other way to achieve this? Presently, if I do not have any code in WDDOINIT method, so when I test the application the alv in default tab is not displaying any data initially, and since I have code in onSelect event, the data gets displayed when I select some other tab and come back to this tab.

Thanks,

Suma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma

it is a little unclear to me from the functionality point of view.

Lets say you have an input field or select options date to get the data based on flight date and a button on web dynpro screen.

In order to have data the very first time when application is run will be based on certain conditions, here i.e. date . By entering the dates , data will be fetched  from the tables and displayed under  first tab . Remember this is done when user inputs some values and press the button i.e the code is written in the onaction method of the button.

So if you try to write code on wddoinit method , it won't be able to fetch on the conditions necessary and hence showing a blank table.

Feel free to ask  any doubts.

close the thread if this helps.

Regards

Vaibhav

former_member184958
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the below link it may resolve your problem,

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/103e43d5-fdb8-2d10-90ab-b5e8532cb...

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

The onselect method is not a part of hook method.

If you want to display the data in the table initially when you run the application, you need to use hook methods. Try binding the value to the node in the WDDOINIT method. The data will display in the table when you run the application.