SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of FI-CA to G/L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a question about the data transfer of FI-CA to G/L. My company uses tr code FPG1, FF_5 and FB01 to transfer the journal entries to an external financial system by using IDoc FIDCCP02. It's all standard SAP functionality and the transfer works fine but (there's always a but) when the data is transferred to G/L the journal entries are not aggregated or summarized by characteristics. So instead of having for example 80 entries we have over 500 entries, each a single journal entry.This clog ups our financial system

It is possible to summarize or aggregated the journal entries before they are sent to our external financial system? I saw note 36353 - AC interface: Summarizing Fi documents but I can't figure out of we can use this note.

We are running the latest version of SAP with latest - 1 enhancement packages.

Thanks for all the input!!

Grt

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Max:

If the journal entries are the issue, then this thread probably belongs in the space.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Max:

If the journal entries are the issue, then this thread probably belongs in the space.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

In Contract A/R & A/P, there is a configuration settings where in you can total all line items posted to a reconciliation key that could be grouped together by general ledger accounting and other downstream accounting systems.

Please refer to the following SPRO config node-

IMG--->Financial Accounting-->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable--->Basic Functions-->Postings and Documents---->General Ledger Posting Totals-->Define Line Layout Variants for Posting Totals.

Line items can be grouped together if they match in any of the following cases: company code, business area, posting date, credit/debit indicator, G/L account number, currency and value date for general ledger accounting and cost center, profit center, order number and project as well as fields related specifically to downstream applications.

However, as Bill suggested, if its only for the journal entries, I don't think the above config node will be of much help.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your reply. I may have mixed up the meaning of line item and journal entry because I need to translate it from Dutch but the SPRO config path definitely helped me on the way.

I discovered that we have defined some layouts. So we are using posting totals and I think that the problem lies in the actual transfer of the data. Perhaps some config of the IDoc or transfer to the external financial system is the cause of it all. I will keep you posted about the progress.

Thanks for the input!!

Cheers max