cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel management participants being carried/copied to each expense report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,   I have one user that is having participants copied to every expense report he creates.   Let me explain.

Starting in February, when he simulates and/or prints an expense report, there is the list of the same participants showing up on many expense types.   These participants are internal employees.

When I look at expense type BSM (business meal) for example, the additional Info tab shows 1 business partner and 0 employees.   In the participants tab he has entered 1 external participant.    When we simulate and/or print, that business meal shows the same 5 employees as with previous expense reports.

This started with his February 15th expense report.   Hi January expense report did have these participants several times on several business meals expense types.  When the user entered the participants, he did not enter them as internal but as external.

These participants also show up randomly on expense types such as TOLL (Toll/Parking).  In this expense type participants tab is supressed.  He only enters Additional Information such as Description or Location (none are required, only optional).  BUT, when we print the expense report, under the TOLL, it shows these 5 participants names again.

It is only happening to one user.    Is there some way that he accidentally stored this information?   Why is it showing up on expense types that do not even require or allow participants.  How can I get this to stop?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Cheryl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheryl,

This may sound obvious, but have you checked whether the user did copy trips and receipts within trips?

Otherwise: do you have any BAdIs, enhancements or modifications active. That would be the first spot to check for weird phenomena.

Try to sit next to the user, when he captures the next report and watch closely. Check everything before saving and then check after each step: saving, aproving, calculation, so you get an idea where it's happening.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sven, I did check that he was not copying reports.   I also had him copied over to a test user.  I can't recreate it, even logged on as him.    I doubt it's in a BADI as it is only one user this is affecting.   I'm certain it has to be something unique to his user ID.  

I will sit with him for his next report and see if anything jumps out at me.

I'm open to any other suggestions you might have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheryl,

the fact that participants even come up in expense types, which shouldn't have that field points towards SAP note 1824109.

It says it applies to copying (or creating a trip with reference) only, but I'd still check, whether the note is implemented and apply it, if not.

Answers (0)